Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
So do anyone who attended the Summit have the balls to ask about the fender bulge/tear and TO bearing issues???
No , I guess according to you, we are all ball-less. Sorry we did not meet your expectation.:wave:

We were happy to have a special guest attending and remained respectful. I am not sure our guest would have given an official answer to pointed questions. These are probably best left to TMS USA. I did however ask him if he was responsible for the "Party Mode" button on my new 4Runner TE. This sparked a lot of laughs!:bigthumb:

If somebody DID ask, please jump in!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I asked him what FJ stood for then gave him some Woodford!...........He gave it back, bit too strong for his tastes. Nice guy and a pleasure to meet, nice job getting him there...way to go guys!

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
So do anyone who attended the Summit have the balls to ask about the fender bulge/tear and TO bearing issues???
Uhh... Here I am, balls and all.
I asked him specifically about the fender bulges. He asked me what year truck I had , I replied 07
First words that came out of his mouth is "Oh Sorry" He then went on to say the new design of the frame/ motor combination has fixed the issue in 2010. It's suppose to be reinforced.
The fact that someone posted a 2010 with a solid crack down that area is probably drivers error, in my opinion. It looked like a jump crack, to me .
I didn't ask about the TO Bearing issue . I just didn't think about it since I drive an A/T
thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
I asked him what FJ stood for then gave him some Woodford!...........He gave it back, bit too strong for his tastes. Nice guy and a pleasure to meet, nice job getting him there...way to go guys!
"It is a model designator. For example FJ40, FJ45, etc. The The "F" indicates the engine family: F,2F,3FE. The "J" means nothing that we know of"

Some say the j means made in japan but there is nothing to prove that. I heard somewhere that means Japan
thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
He told me that the "F" stands for the original Land Cruiser body style and "J" was the original engine designation. Or maybe it as the other way around, F = engine and J = body style.

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Uhh... Here I am, balls and all.
I asked him specifically about the fender bulges. He asked me what year truck I had , I replied 07
First words that came out of his mouth is "Oh Sorry" He then went on to say the new design of the frame/ motor combination has fixed the issue in 2010. It's suppose to be reinforced.
The fact that someone posted a 2010 with a solid crack down that area is probably drivers error, in my opinion. It looked like a jump crack, to me .
I didn't ask about the TO Bearing issue . I just didn't think about it since I drive an A/T
thanks
Don
Thanks for asking...that sucks Toyota obviously knows of the problem (you asking confirms it) and yet they choose to deny repairs to some folks.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Thanks for asking...that sucks Toyota obviously knows of the problem (you asking confirms it) and yet they choose to deny repairs to some folks.
Like most companies, Engineers != Company Owners

Being an engineer, I've worked at companies and was shocked at some of the products that went out the door. Stuff no one inside the company thought was ready to ship.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts