Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Im down either location, I have some pretty good maps and break downs of each area/trail.
Fawn skin easier trails such as Butler peak lookout, pilot rock etc..

Moonridge side there is lone valley, burns canyon..

Just need to hook up and decide! ill bring maps and guides and we'll go from there!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yep, Fawnskin fire station. 9am... If I am able to go, I should know later on today.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys,

Ok, first. As much as I hate the title, I'm a newbie. But I'm really interested in off-roading. Not so much as something I'd do often, but fairly regularly. Basically, right now, I'm not ready to sink a bunch of money and time into modding my FJ... but I still really like the idea of off roading.

So, basically, what I'm asking is... is there room on this trip for a newbie? How are the trails, are they difficult? And what sort of things/equipment would I need before coming out?

Part of me wants to come tomorrow, and part of me isn't sure I'm ready. There's a chance it actually won't fit into my schedule... but in case you're not opposed to having a newbie... I figured it was close, and worth throwing out there.

No hard feelings if you don't want the new guy slowing you down. Totally understand.

Thanks dudes,
Kemer

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hey guys,

Ok, first. As much as I hate the title, I'm a newbie. But I'm really interested in off-roading. Not so much as something I'd do often, but fairly regularly. Basically, right now, I'm not ready to sink a bunch of money and time into modding my FJ... but I still really like the idea of off roading.

So, basically, what I'm asking is... is there room on this trip for a newbie? How are the trails, are they difficult? And what sort of things/equipment would I need before coming out?

Part of me wants to come tomorrow, and part of me isn't sure I'm ready. There's a chance it actually won't fit into my schedule... but in case you're not opposed to having a newbie... I figured it was close, and worth throwing out there.

No hard feelings if you don't want the new guy slowing you down. Totally understand.

Thanks dudes,
Kemer
i'm a NOOB too, you should be fine. i am assuming we will be doing trails around Fawnskin, which are basically fire roads. i will definitely turn around if things get too rough. i scouted out the area last weekend (see post earlier in this thread).

only special gear i have is a tow strap, jumper cables and i will probably throw a shovel in the back.

come on up if you like.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks Savvyav, what a great morning on the trails. From the snow to the high desert in 3 hours.

Savvyav's rig just below Butler Peak

The shaded portions of the the road to Butler Peak still had snow, enough that my stock rig's differential left a "snail trail" through it.

Both FJs on the lower part of Butler Peak.

Start of 3N61 to Pacific Crest Trail. I was too busy driving and cleaning out my pants to get many good photos.

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Veryy nice! Please, I saw you driving with ONE hand most of the time...still video taping!
I posted a few photos and video in pic section I can send you some full size photos (not posted of your rig) as well!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts