Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/BlaineWiles/FJBuildUp?authkey=Gv1sRgCIX1lYD_5ZPEJw#

35's & Beadlocks

Finally got my Rigid LED Light Bar installed:

Added the sPOD and DirtyParts switch panel:

Ditched the Metal-tech Front Bumper for Demello:

Added the Demello rear bumper:

My better side:

Ass Shot:

Misc:

iPad GPS:

Total Chaos 2" Long Travel w/Icon Vehicle Dynamics:

BajaRack Factory Insert:

BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 (285/75R16):

Stock:

I've enjoyed all of the builds on this forum, and it has helped me immensely in picking the products for my FJ. Thank you to everyone who posts helpful info.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what made you switch over to the LT kit?
The Toytec Ulitmate Kit was great on the street and good for trail riding... but I live a 1/4 mile from open desert and the front end acted like a pogo stick in any height whoops and bottomed out too much. The Long Travel kit was a dream because of the cost, but I finally bit the bullet. I just installed it this week, and so far I can't be any happier with the handling.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just added my version of GPS:

iPad 2 16GB wifi version (Bluetooth tether to iPhone for data)
Ram Mount to dash
Dual XGPS150
Accuterra app for mapping when out of cell rangeor Everytrail app when in cell range.

Did lots of research on this and finally found a great combination to track my off-road adventures.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just added my version of GPS:

iPad 2 16GB wifi version (Bluetooth tether to iPhone for data)
Ram Mount to dash
Dual XGPS150
Accuterra app for mapping when out of cell rangeor Everytrail app when in cell range.

Did lots of research on this and finally found a great combination to track my off-road adventures.
I was just getting ready todo the same. Just got my Wifi ipad2 as well. Just bought a couple bluetooth gps's to try out. Let me know what you think. I picked up thoseapps you just recommended as well.

Long time FJ40 Lover, Currently UZJ100 Stock Ready for Mods, Looking for a FJC. :bandit:

iPad using Autoguide

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Night run anyone?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Well, that's sorta abrupt.

Poof! and away goes the MetalTech and here appears Demello, a winch, and an LED lightbar!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the bajarack insert... Great looks and perfect for lightweight gear. I don't like the metaltech bumper with the winch, so I switched to the demello. I also installed demello's rear bumper.

Now I have to sell the metaltech bumper and the Toyota rock rails.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hi nice FJ!

Do you have any install pics of the sPOD and DirtyParts switch panel?

I just placed an order for it after seeing it in your FJ.

That is just about the best mod to the wiring problem I have been worrying about for a while now........ Expensive....... But nice.

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts