Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks after 6 months I've finally decided to give her a name. I also have decided after the first major mod I will start a build up page.

When picking a name for the FJ I was tempted to use the Betsy name but I figured that is a name for you average peice of sh!t. I did a little research and found out the a black diamond is call "Carbonado". It is the workhorse of the diamond industry. It can take a lot of crap and keep on going, so since I will be giving her a lot of crap to take, I thought it would be a good fit.

Last week me and my brother finally got together and put the 3" Rough Country lift on. I must say that it was one of the easiest things I've every done. It took about 2-3 hours and that was us taking our time. I really love the way it looks with the lift. I just now really see the need to get tires. We also took the time to measure for the bottom skid and for the sliders. I hope to have those built in the next few weeks.

Here are some pics. Hope you guys enjoy.

Before the lift.

After the lift was installed.

I thought I would throw this one in just because I love the pic.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Cool name, and nice color choice! ;)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Looking good Ed. BTW there is no cure for the Mod Bug :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks great Ed! will I get to see it in TN next week? or Harlan the week after that?
Unless some miracle happens and people pay me the money they owe me then it will be Harlan before you get to see it.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
carbonado looking sexier than ever.. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
...and so it begins. Christened Carbonado, given some height, some love, and some mud. Off to a good start. :bigthumb:

Howls,
FJ Wolf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts