Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone.i wanna go to 305 7016 tires but i dont know if the spare tires will still fit and if not do they sell bracket for it?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Fit in what regard? In regards to the bumper? Are you running a stock rear bumper?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. My FJ has 285/70/17 tires and I just bought new rims and a new spare tire (previous spare was on a 16" rim). I haven't received the new rims yet to do a test fit some I'd like to know if anyone else is running a 285/70/17 spare tire.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had 285/70/17 BFG AT on stock alloys and fit fine on my 07 with stock rear bumper. I switched to a 315/75/16 with a wheel that has 3 3/4" Back spacing and it just fits. If the back spacing was stock it would not but a wheel spacer should solve the problem.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had 285/70/17 BFG AT on stock alloys and fit fine on my 07 with stock rear bumper. I switched to a 315/75/16 with a wheel that has 3 3/4" Back spacing and it just fits. If the back spacing was stock it would not but a wheel spacer should solve the problem.
Thanks for the info!

:cheers:

·
Registered
73 Posts
i've got a 33 x 12.50 x 17 with stock bumper. i think wheel backspacing is 4.5

·
Registered
900 Posts
You can completely flip your tire carrier and it will give you a different angle to clear the bumper.

Yes they do make a 3'' drop/ raise (depends on how you mount it) bracket too. Runs like $80

I did both for my 35's and works great! clears bumper and window!

you can see the angle and space from body now..

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Yep, I have stock TT 16" wheels with Goodyear Duratrac 305/70/16's. Fits just fine (no spacer or mods to the mount) with an inch to spare for the rear glass to open and plenty of room over the rear bumper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts