Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
you can put a lift as big as 6inches on it if you want.. all the components on the 4x2, as far as suspention goes, are just like the 4x4. so yea whatever lift you put on a 4x4 you can put on your 4x2!

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Something you can look at is a spindle lift (4" lift) along with a set of lets say Icons (3" lift) a set up like this will net you around 7" of lift in the front. now you will just have to figure out the rear end.

Lift spindle 4" Lift Spindle 2005 Tacoma

·
Registered
547 Posts
you may want to check some of the 4x2 members builds, theres gotta be someone out there who has lifted one before. I may be wrong but I thought someone had lifted a 4x2 6in.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
I don't think I have seen a 4x2 lifted 6 inches. That is WAY up there!

I am liking my 3" just fine and with 285s, he is pretty beastly!

Kim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help and info............. Looks like most r correct no major difference in lifting 4x2. They are finished with the front and starting on the rear. Will keep everyone updated and put up some pictures. May sound stupid to lift a 2wd up 6" but its all for looks... "Urban *******" I guess, something Iv always wanted and she prob. wont see to much dirt. Does that make me vain? I have worked hard raising my family, being dad, coach and everything else, usually going without, which I was more than happy to do. Guess they are showing there thanks. Im a very lucky man. Well iv ran on enough. Thanks for reading.
The Fortunate "Urban *******"
should that be my new board name?

·
Registered
47 Posts
hell if you like it, f*** the others, thats all that matters.

Just remember once you go for the drop bracket kit there is no going back. I had a friend get 6'' fabtech on a taco and i showed him the wonders of long travel and he regrets the decision.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Who is installing your lift??? 4wheel parts has a tendency to tell members something won't work on their rig and then they end up installing it when we prove that it will work. This sounds like their handy work.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
hell if you like it, f*** the others, thats all that matters.

Just remember once you go for the drop bracket kit there is no going back. I had a friend get 6'' fabtech on a taco and i showed him the wonders of long travel and he regrets the decision.
Rough Country 6" can be removed and return back to factory suspension. It does not require cutting the cross member.

·
Registered
205 Posts
this forum has come a long way, no one has jumped your balls or called you a mall crawling poser yet...i can't believe it, there is even a 4x2 section now...

I'm so proud, I wonder what happened to the old group of narrow minded ass holes... :simmadown:

I have the rough country 6", search the forum and you'll find alot of info...it doesn't require cutting front cross member but i'm not sure about it workin on 4x2, i don't see why not but I don't like to give out info unless i'm sure...

Are you making a desert runner or going for looks?

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
this forum has come a long way, no one has jumped your balls or called you a mall crawling poser yet...i can't believe it, there is even a 4x2 section now...

I'm so proud, I wonder what happened to the old group of narrow minded ass holes... :simmadown:

I have the rough country 6", search the forum and you'll find alot of info...it doesn't require cutting front cross member but i'm not sure about it workin on 4x2, i don't see why not but I don't like to give out info unless i'm sure...

Are you making a desert runner or going for looks?
Yes we have come a long way. I think some folks have matured.

Kim:cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its on. Tuff Truckin in Albany, GA did the install. 6" Rough Country lift with 35" Micky Thompsons and 17" Moto metals, They are having it aligned now. Cant wait !! If I can figure out how to post pictures on here I will. I have them on my phone so it make take a few and resolution wont be the best.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I don't think I have seen a 4x2 lifted 6 inches. That is WAY up there!

I am liking my 3" just fine and with 285s, he is pretty beastly!

Kim

yeah...but you are a gurl! :wave::jester:

(yep and some of us are still immature :D )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts