Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Just got my 2010 FJ two days ago. Been looking around at some options for black rims and narrowed it down to the American Racing Artillery.

Specs are:

Size: 16'' x 9''
Bolt Circle: 5 x 135mm
Rear Spacing: 4-1/2''
Offset: -12mm

My question is what is the largest tire I can fit on this size of rim with no rubbing on stock height? If I am reading correctly would it be 285/70/16? I am going to jump on these and would hate to buy the wrong tire size.

If I went to a 17x9 with the same rim would 285/70/17 also work on stock height?

Please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Before we even begin to look at your tire question, you need to look at the proper wheel. FJ's are 6 lug, not 5. We use a 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern. As to the backspacing and offset, that sounds about right, but 16" wheels are a little difficult to fit on FJ's because of our calipers. So they may need spacers to fit. So I cannot say with 100% certainty that these will fit. But I do know with 110% certainty if you buy 5 x 135 they are not going to fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before we even begin to look at your tire question, you need to look at the proper wheel. FJ's are 6 lug, not 5. We use a 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern. As to the backspacing and offset, that sounds about right, but 16" wheels are a little difficult to fit on FJ's because of our calipers. So they may need spacers to fit. So I cannot say with 100% certainty that these will fit. But I do know with 110% certainty if you buy 5 x 135 they are not going to fit.
YIKES good call, apparently they come in 5 and 6 lug! I would have easily bought the 5 lug by over looking that.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts