Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestion / links on how to mount a couple bikes to my OEM roof rack?
Looking for where to purchase bike mounting hardware.

Thanks for you help :cheers:

·
Registered
596 Posts
I ran two Yakima High-Rollers for about a year and a half before I got a BajaRack and switched everything up. I loved those racks - you keep both tires on and it doesn't touch the frame. I used Universal Mighty Mounts to attach them to the stock cross bars. I used them every weekend for two mountain bikes and never had an issue. I also took a few cross country trips and even wheeled with a bike up there and it held up great! I wouldn't roll more than two though as the cross bar tends to sag a little with any additional weight.

High-Roller
Might Mounts

Here's one of the only pics I can find:

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help guys...very good suggestions! O'h, and thanks for the pictures and links too! Your the best.:rocker:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had a set of Yalkima Highrollers for sale when you picked up the roof rack. Wish I knew.
Yakima makes great stuff. The Highrollers are very nice. I used mine on my old DD and it held the bikes well with minimal movement.
Seemed like a PIA to mount them on the FJ though.
I ended up getting a 1upusa hitch mount rack. Check them out.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I had a set of Yalkima Highrollers for sale when you picked up the roof rack. Wish I knew.
Yakima makes great stuff. The Highrollers are very nice. I used mine on my old DD and it held the bikes well with minimal movement.
Seemed like a PIA to mount them on the FJ though.
I ended up getting a 1upusa hitch mount rack. Check them out.
I used to use a hitch rack but get rear-ended once with 3 bikes totalling $15,000 and you'll change your mind.:boohoo:

But I loved the Highrollers when I had them and now I'm using the raptors withuot the tray and they work great.

·
Vendor
19 Posts
my dad uses a yakima and loves it. he does triathalons just about every other weekend it seems. ive used his ride to go mountain biking and they are easy to use and dont budge.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you're on a budget, check out Inno. I have a couple and love them. I do some mountain biking here and the ability to fit fat tires on the rack is a big plus and these do it easily. They retail for about $120 but if you look around you can find some good deals. Got mine for $65 a piece from chainlove.com. :rocker:

Oh and they will mount on the OEM rack without additional parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts