Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the Bilstein 1.5" rear lift coils? The part number is 36-281824.

After running 175,000 miles on original suspension, I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a 3" lift for my 2007. Here is what I am planning to install:

- OEM UCAs from a 2018 4Runner (<800 miles on them)
- New KYB top hats
- Front 6112 on 4th notch
- Rear 5100 w/ 1.5" lift springs

I could not find a single review here or any other forum for those rear coils.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've just switched from a full Icon system to Bilstein 6112's set to max height and couldn't be happier. In the rear I still have the stock springs with a 1.5 inch spacer and Bilstein 5100's. The rear is a bit stiff, transmitting every small bump in the road through the vehicle, in part due to the 5100's progressive valving. After consulting Toytec and explaining my objective they suggested aFe Control Sway-A-Way Rear Coil Springs (1.5 inches of lift) but flexible and their Boss Rear Shocks as a good match for the Sway-A-Way's so I ordered them and waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just switched from a full Icon system to Bilstein 6112's set to max height and couldn't be happier. In the rear I still have the stock springs with a 1.5 inch spacer and Bilstein 5100's. The rear is a bit stiff, transmitting every small bump in the road through the vehicle, in part due to the 5100's progressive valving. After consulting Toytec and explaining my objective they suggested aFe Control Sway-A-Way Rear Coil Springs (1.5 inches of lift) but flexible and their Boss Rear Shocks as a good match for the Sway-A-Way's so I ordered them and waiting for delivery.
I went with the Bilstein rear lift coils and they work well! I liked the factory spring rate, since I have no extra weight added. I drove with the 6112's in the front and stock shocks in the rear for a few hours, since I needed to run some errands mid-install. WOW...major improvement from stock. If I go RTT down the road, I will swap the front and rear springs for heavier rates.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
The AFE Sway Aways work great and there are other springs that will also work great. If you change the front end you need to change the rear to match spring and damping. Toytec is a good source.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The AFE Sway Aways work great and there are other springs that will also work great. If you change the front end you need to change the rear to match spring and damping. Toytec is a good source.
I put those rear springs on my 2010 in conjunction with Bilstein 5100's ( fronts in the top groove ) and BFG ko2 34 10.5 17 tires Gave me a nice mild lift with good onroad drivability and enough clearance to do reasonable offroad driving. I am very happy with the setup and I think it is probaby a good compromise for someone that uses it 60 percent for daily driving and still wants offroad capability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts