Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run OME 885 coils up front with my newly installed Bilstein 4600 shocks (they made the drive a lot better)? I updated and upgraded a lot of parts as there were some worn so I figured just replace a lot that are ageing at once... then decided to do a new bumper and winch that added about 270 lbs I am guessing? Or do I have to switch to Bilstein 5100s? I would have the 5100s on the lowest setting is my guess. I have 285/70/17 tires. I figure I need the OME 885s to stiffen the ride for the bumper and winch and roof carrier. Also, does anyone know how to tell if the coils I have are stock or not? I bought the FJ used and it sits a bit higher than a stock FJ already... I would prefer to not have to replace the 4 month old 4600s already if avoidable. If I have to I will, but... more money and more work.

Thank you!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thank you. Someone told me I needed 5100s to run them and I really didn't want to replace my new 4600s with 5100s already!
5100 are pretty close to 4600 sharing same bore but with different damping and stroke. However in your case you don't need the lift with the 5100's adjustable collars so 4600 is fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts