Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm about to install Bilstein 5100 shocks front and back. I've done a lot of research on the forum and I'm getting mixed results. Which setting do I set the front shocks at to LEVEL the FJ? I've read both 2 and 3. Also, if anyone wants to help me install these PLEASE let me know. Thanks in advance. Yes I have lots of beer and some cash.:cheers:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have my fronts set to the highest setting with 5100s & 1.5" Daystar spacers in the rear. It looks great and has performed flawlessly for over a year now and I'm off road with it pretty regularly. Here's a couple of pics to get a idea hope it helps, good luck.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1368229740.330169.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1368229818.178804.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm set to the third notch in the front and its level to the eye. I think it was about a quarter inch off when I measured after putting them on (which I thought might settle after a few days but not sure whether it did or not). I did a lot of reading on this as well before installing mine, third notch seemed to be the most popular option to me. I got exactly what I was looking for with the Bilsteins at that height. No complaints. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just realized after I sent that your installing rears too. I only installed front on mine. I'm installing all four on my buddy's Sunday. He wants all four set to the top so he will get 2.5" all the way around. Sorry if that was completely unhelpful I thought you were just installing the fronts.

·
Registered
216 Posts
On my 07 I installed both front and rear. Set the front on the second setting and leveled it to the eye. never measured but looked like it did the trick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had these on my old Xterra and set at top setting. It made the front really stiff. Even going over a speed bump..........just curious on the FJ :)

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,863 Posts
Do 3rd or you'll be wanting to do it over again. It will be 1/8 inch higher in rear on 3rd. There are a few great threads with pics floating around you should look at. I cannot easily find them on my cell.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I read alot about 5100s before installing. Didn't want to raise the rear so understood 3rd notch would most likely give me slight reverse rake which is exactly what I have. I don't mind it though, close enough for me.
IIRC, only way to EXACTLY level with 5100s is on 4th notch and raise rears to level. Or get coilovers :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed 5100's a few weeks ago set on the 3rd notch in the front. Like others have said, the front may sit slightly higher. Mine settled a little. The ride is much better now. I'm going to add coilovers & superflex springs soon. The mod bug is bitting me....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts