Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the Bilstein 5100 on 2nd clip (.85") I wanted to keep it as level as possible with a load in the rear. The car now has just a slight rake of about 1".

Measurements with Stock:
Ground to bottom of black trim on fender: 35.5"

Top of Tire (running 285/70/17) to bottom of black trim: 4.25"

Measurements with Bilstein:

Ground to bottom of black trim on fender: 36.5"

Top of Tire (running 285/70/17) to bottom of black trim: 5.25"

I have attached photos before and after.

The after shots look like front is slightly higher but just the position of the FJ. Front is only slightly lower....

I think it looks great. Just what am I looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Very nice. We installed our 5100's about four months ago and really like them. Hope you enjoy them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YES YES YES!!!

Very little nose dive. Nice Firm Ride. Very little body roll.

Tires are Hankook DynaPro AT RF10. Now, I have only had them on for about400 miles.....but best overall tire I have had. (Previous tires on other cars: BFG AT, BFG MT, REVO and Michellin LTX) Super Quiet....

Next Mod is brush guard and lights.....

Hit me up if you have an OEM brush guard...:cheers:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About the Rubbing question----

I was lucky...I had no rubbing with the 285's with stock. It was really close to mud flap stock but no rubbing. I was concerned about rubbing when flexing the rig....

Now...not close enough to give any thought.

·
One Man Wolf Pack
137 Posts
I love my 5100's! I put them on the front of the fj and I did Medium OME rear. The 5100's have done great offroad and they feel good on the road too. I did 305x65x17 and I have no rubbing issues.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Cool :) I am going to 285s when my current tires are close to the end of life cycle hehe. Will keep DynaPro in mind. I have 3/4" spacer lift in the front right now, hopefully will get Toytec coilovers with 5100s before the tires swap....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts