Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered front/rear set of 5100s for my 2010 FJ 4WD with stock suspension which showing "dive" in deceleration at 95K miles.

I am wondering about height setting of 5100. I am utilizing stock spring with no lift modification.

1) Without rear lift spacer, what is the best height setting for front shocks to "level" the front/rear height? Stock seems front low.

2) If front shock is set at highest (2"?) would it affect stock drive train (CV etc.)?

Thank you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Third notch to level it with not lift in the back. That's what I did for mind. I'm not sure about your second question, probably 1" to 1 1/2".

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are you changing out your springs, too?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Using stock springs.

Do I need to adjust wheel alignment if the height setting is other than "stock" position on 5100?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Using stock springs.

Do I need to adjust wheel alignment if the height setting is other than "stock" position on 5100?
Technically, if you use the lowest notch, no, you will not need an alignment. But, it’s not a bad idea to do one anyway. If you use any other notch, you should do an alignment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input.

In stock suspension if higher setting is selected on 5100 do I need to do other modification to protect drive train etc?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts