Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else's FJ a bird magnet? I have been driving for over 25 years and have never hit a bird. In the past couple months that I have had my FJ, I have had three birds slam into my roof right above the windshield, makes a nasty thump, but no damage...just kinda weird

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Haven't been hit by a bird, but they sure like to crap on my SF. Good thing cows don't fly. It's also a bug magnet.:mecry:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I hear ya on the bugs. I leave them on there to cushion the blows from gravel hitting my windshield.:lol: Surprisingly no chipped windshield yet.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Nothing with the FJ. However, I just got a new government vehicle last month, Chevy Uplander Minivan, and killed 2 in one day and another later that week. Two of the 3 appeared to commit suicide, lol. They flew directly in front of my path. The 3rd just sat in the middle of the road and got dribbled under the van. He left a nice cloud of feather behind me, lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i havent killed any birds yet but fosterchild420 is keeping score. Last i heard he was up to 6 birds. 2 of which put dents in the hood before hitting the windshield. between the 2 of us, we have slain every bug in central virginia. we were talking about geting some vinyl cutouts of different animals and start a "body count" on the side like a fighter plane.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Yeah, mine is a major bird sh!t magnet. They roost on the roofrack and the rear window wiper and try to build nests behind the spare tire. I figured it was the stupid sparrows so I bought a sparrow trap and killed a bunch of them . . . then I observed a robin sittin' on the wiper. Well, Woodsman likes his little hoppin' robins so it's a problem without a solution.

·
Registered
594 Posts
We have had 6 birds hit us. Always when they try to fly across the road. Most hit the wheels. A couple have hit underneath.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'd like to take my shotgun to work...for:armed: the birds. Starlings roost and nest in the roof and fly out to the first light pole. My VB is in the direct line of flight. Bird **** everyday. I'd like to stand out there with my shotgun and about two box's of #8's. They wouldn't be any left when I got thru......but I'm sure more would show up in a couple days.

·
Registered
627 Posts
So not the FJ cruiser but equally interesting. My father drives a FJ100 and hit a bird. He didn't even know it until I found it a few months ago while I was home, embedded in his grill and most of the way to the radiator. He goes "I thought I heard something hit a few months back."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.