Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the problem of birds letting it loose on the FJ? They stand on the roof rack, Bandi, and spare tire and crap everywhere. The nearest tree is 50 yards away. I think I have narrowed it down a little. I park next to a guard light that my wife just had to have. I think the bugs are collecting on the FJ and the birds are just getting a quick snack. Thoughts, feelings and opinions?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nope, can't say that I have, but think you should just shoot them with an air soft gun. That uasually takes care of them.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Shoot the light.. Ron

Does anyone have the problem of birds letting it loose on the FJ? They stand on the roof rack, Bandi, and spare tire and crap everywhere. The nearest tree is 50 yards away. I think I have narrowed it down a little. I park next to a guard light that my wife just had to have. I think the bugs are collecting on the FJ and the birds are just getting a quick snack. Thoughts, feelings and opinions?

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Either stick a plastic owl on the rack rail when you park, or maybe throw a rubber snake on the roof...

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I feed the birds (seed / hummingbird feeder) in the back yard and it tends to keep them away from the truck out front.

Edit: I tried the rubber snake thing and later saw the Mockingbirds pecking at it. So your results may vary, but that's not always genetically encoded the way we all hope it is. The same mockingbirds sit on the head of the neighbor's plastic owl.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
A little tar on the rails of the rack? They don't like sticky perches... :)

But, then the heat would drip the tar on the roof, etc.. Never mind, bonehead idea.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I feed the birds (seed / hummingbird feeder) in the back yard and it tends to keep them away from the truck out front.
I spend way too much on bird feed as it is but in the winter it is a great show. Blue birds, cardinals, gold finch, woodpeckers, etc. In the spring, the birds took over the back end of the FJ. The rear wiper makes a great perch and the robins worked hard to build a nest above the tire then below on the bumper. It went unnoticed at one point because I was very busy and I found what probably amounted to a few pounds of crap and nesting material to be cleaned off, literally a very large accumulated pile on the bumper. I did buy a sparrow trap and that has helped but I still get a few perching on it.

The Woodsman just needs to get rid of a couple of old cars to make room for the FJ inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts