Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
many are guessing that the Scion color "black cherry" is one in the same. I am considering this for my FJ, I just want to see it with the white capped roof first. Anyone out there good at photochop?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont get why they are using these colors. I mean they should use some colors like tan,green,brown,white,etc.........I love this truck,but i am having trouble finding a color to pick. I have it down to the blue(it might be too bright for my taste have to see in person) or the silver(might not be enough contrast with the white roof). Is anyone else having this problem? and if so what color choices are you deciding between?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yup, I was told it is the very same Black Cherry that Scion uses. I haven't seen any photos of it yet.

My advice to anyone who having issues with the color choices is wait and see it in person ....don't overthink it (unless you want orange!).

Toyota's Color & Trim Dept. is very good at what they do, give them credit for finally being able to offer a color palette that isn't six lame shades of tan and gray!

·
Registered
124 Posts
FJ Cruiser #8 said:
I have it down to the blue(it might be too bright for my taste have to see in person) or the silver(might not be enough contrast with the white roof). Is anyone else having this problem? and if so what color choices are you deciding between?

Same problem, same colors!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Definately the same problems with the color. I've been waiting for this for a long time and always hoped that I would get a white vehicle next. I've had a black SUV in Houston for years now. And it is essentially a microwave oven from Jan. until Oct. I guess I will be settling on the silver...but also agree about the lack of color contrast from the roof. As well as hoping to get black rims so...in my head it is going to look retarded...white roof, silver, black rims. Look at me I can't get my colors co-ordinated!!!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I will probably opt for the yellow. Check it out in my gallery. This was the FJ that tackled the rubicon trail. I can tell you that up close, the yellow might meet the needs of those folks who wanted orange. It's a very warm and inviting color. I will probably go for yellow or blue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I'm thinking if I can't wait until 2007 to see what changes/color additions may or may not appear, I'll go for that Black Cherry Pearl. Assume white top, black roof rack, black front grill guard/winch, and add black rims, and it should look badass.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Everytime someone posts the word Scion it makes me somewhat nauseous, I mean as much as I want a tricked out civic wanna-be...I really don't. Ahhh...but then I saw the black cherry Scion this morning. Could look very nice the way Mudboogers described...
white top, black roof rack, black front grill guard/winch, and add black rims,

·
Registered
294 Posts
FJ Cruiser #8 said:
cheazhd, You seem confident in the colors. Which color are you planning on getting? Also I believe you said you saw the silver FJ in person,if so,was there much contrast in color with the white roof in person? thanks
I am making my Paint color choice with the same criteria that I used to select the FJ as my next vehicle...: Modern yet Classic, Sporty, Youthful yet Refined, Capable without Pretense, Bold and most of all Fun Factor.

I am basing my color choice on the color that best defines the vehicle, not the color that defines myself. In my professional opinion, Toyota has already let us know which color best defines the vehicle, that would be the same color they unveiled it in.

The white roof on the silver FJ had contrast, the silver bumpers and other trim did not. The black color has no contrast with the black body trim.

anyways, thats my 2 cents

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Smurf Blue 4-eva! im kinda partial to that, or the yellow. ive had a thing for the "solar yellow" since the xterra first came out, wouldnt it be ironic if all nissans advertising got me to buy a yellow toyota...

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I photochopped a black cherry one - it's in the gallery!

Not my best work, but it will pass for now.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
No problem, I'll bill ya later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been busy with kids the past 5 years, didn't even know about the FJ Cruiser actually being built, this is great news! As a previous owner of a '76 FJ40, which I miss terribly, I'm going to have to buy one. I personally prefer the Voodoo Blue, but here's my version of the Black Cherry using the Scion image.

This is going to be perfect timing in getting rid of my '96 Tahoe! :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts