Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some time off in Houston yesterday so I decided to visit one of the local Scion dealers who had a Black Cherry vehicle in stock. Houston weather yesterday was clear and sunny so I wanted to be able to see the color in the shade and sunlight. When we arrived the car was under a covered area and after looking at it the salesman moved it into the sunlight.

Its a pretty color but not what I would call "black cherry". I was expecting more of a dark maroon color. I am an older guy so I probably don't have the degree of color sense that even the average person has. With me however was a young woman who worked the flight with us (maybe mid to late 20's) and I suspect she does have a very good idea about colors. She looked at it and immediately said "Plum". It does have a purple cast both in and out of the shade. Houston had weather Wednesday so we also found a demo vehicle that had some road grime on it. When dirty the color lost it's depth and looked faded. For those of us that live in the Southwest and have the hot summer sun it may fade to a less desirable color.

So if you are considering the black cherry go look at one. Its worth the visit to see the exact color in person. You may really like it but you should see it.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
IMO it's really just a bad choice for this truck unless they were going for a female demographic. not trying to sound sexist but I mean...it really is purple I think

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
If your birthday is correct in your profile then you aint that old DA40Pilot. Come on. Don't make me feel so ancient. But however old you are, and whatever they call this color, it just does not belong on an FJC. IMHO. I saw the color on a scion when I went to the dealership to place my deposit on a yellow one. Plum, maroon, black cherry, burgundy, cabernot, call it what you want but it won't ever be on a car I own. Have I made myself clear? Sorry, let me clarify. If the FJC was only offered in Black Cherry I wouldn't buy it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
oh yea there was a woman in the showroom at the time that was saying how much she liked the color on the scion out front. I guess it is a female color. Genecutie, are you going to get a Black Cherry FJC?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Pancho said:
oh yea there was a woman in the showroom at the time that was saying how much she liked the color on the scion out front. I guess it is a female color. Genecutie, are you going to get a Black Cherry FJC?
It leans a little to the purple form the pictures I have seen, I myself would rather have Candy Apple Red

1 - 5 of 5 Posts