Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
they come in colors other than Voodoo Who knew :) they're all good.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I actually got a close look at the brick color the other day at the dealership. It's a bit too dark for my taste; I'd prefer a fire-engine red like the Warn company FJ. So out of the two, I think there's a bit more intrigue and mystique in the Black Cherry color - that'd be my vote.

What I am really interested in seeing tho - is what Toyota did with the 2009 flat-color paints rumored a while back. I think those would be hot-sellers. Imagine a flat black or a Booger-esque flat OD green.

Speaking of which, I think out of all the FJs I have ever seen, The Boogermobile (SwiCago's ride) is the coolest of them all (followed closely by "The Raptor" - Shadow Warrior's Ride - because that damn thing is just mean looking. It just looks like it could kick your vehicle-ass.). :bigthumb:

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I had both for a while....Cherry has metal flake....brick does not.....Cherry will be worth more in the long run...

look at that dirty A$$! :rofl:

·
Registered
780 Posts
I real liked the Black Cherry but couldnt get it in 08, looked at the Brick but didnt like it so went with the Sunfusion, still like the black cherry.:lol:

col

·
Registered
32 Posts
My black cherry can't figure out what color it wants to be. It is black cherry when its home, and it changes to brick whenever it is in Moab - weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
we bought a black cherry new and when they came out with brick we were happy that we got the cherry. To us the brick seems kind of lack luster.
Chuck:rocker:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I love the black cherry in fact when I was looking for my FJ that is the color I was looking for but couldn'f find one with the options I wanted. Brick was everywhere but after seeing the black cherry, brick was somewhat of a disappointment to me (just MHO) so I ended up with sun fusion and am quite happy with it!

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
the hubby always wanted the Black Cherry and I personally wanted the Black (no TRD..I love the white tops to much) but once I saw the Black Cherry up close she won me over. What a great color... from what I remember anyways. She's so scratched up right now that I can't see her glisten in the sun anymore...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
You gotta be kidding .They make a brick color? My only complaint about the FJ has been the bad mileage I get, especially since all the mods. Ive always compared the FJ's aero-dynamics to a flying brick. Now they got a color to go with it ! I do Love my FJ though.
Did I hear my name?:lol:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I like the BC but it is a bit too purple for me. The BC and Brick are very different from each other, as seen in the photos. BC color also was not a choice when I went to buy a 2008 model. The Brick is a big step up the color chart for me, most of my other vehicles have been black, blue, or gray. I wanted a black FJ but my wife and children liked Brick so I went with it. All FJs look great no matter what color they are!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.