Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the Black TRD rims on a black diamond.

I really want to get those on my rig, but we will see if I can find a set.

Please post some pics if you got the combo!!

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Have not seen that yet but someone posted a Sandstorm w/ black TRD rims the other day.

Looked very nice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have seen the sandstorm and the white TT edition, but not BD.

I am sure someone has the combo, I can't decide on painting the alloys or buying the TRDs...what do you guys think? I don't want to lift the FJ, would the 16" rims give me more options on bigger tires? I am running 265s now.

Oh, also listen to this, my lil sis may buy a TT, she is 17 and doesn't know an FJ from a corvette, but she likes the white color, unreal. If she buys a TT I just going to steal her wheels...she probably wouldn't notice.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
heres a quick 10 sec photochop i did for what it would look like with TT mirrors and black bumpers

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the photochop!!!

This seems like a BA setup!!

I could just steal her TT, if she gets one, and paint it black and paint my BD white....hmmmm...

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
heres a quick 10 sec photochop i did for what it would look like with TT mirrors and black bumpers
SiiiiiiiCK!

I've got to get some TT rims for my BD, then black out everything!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
id like to do that to mine also! put up some pic if you make it happen? where does a person get those rims?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Your best bet is to just get a set of normal TRD wheels and paint them black, they are gonna be almost exactly the same except you might have to repaint the TRD word red.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Or get the old TRD rims and get them Teflon coated! Anyone know how much that costs?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Your best bet is to just get a set of normal TRD wheels and paint them black, they are gonna be almost exactly the same except you might have to repaint the TRD word red.
I'm halfway there.. Picked upa set of silver TRD wheels, now just need to make some time to paint them black and mount my pizza cutters.

Anyone have any tips on trying to keep the red "TRD" red after painting?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I'd say to get an Exacto knife and some masking tape and get creative.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I'm halfway there.. Picked upa set of silver TRD wheels, now just need to make some time to paint them black and mount my pizza cutters.

Anyone have any tips on trying to keep the red "TRD" red after painting?
It's going to be really hard to keep the red TRD red, you can either mask the red off, or just paint the whole thing including the red letters and just use a brush to paint in the letters.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts