Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly will this color be?? just a regular gloss black, or something else. I'm leaning towards the blue at this point.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Black diamond is actually going to be a Brilliant orange color. Almost like the color of tang...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Sorry Max O, it's a rough crowd around here some days.
Black Diamond is...you guessed it...black! The only one seen so far is from pictures taken on the Rubicon last month. And I think someone said it was painted a different color after that. Check out the SEMA photo Gallery at autospies.com. It had a partial black top as well but all production models will supposedly have a white top. There's rumors about a special edition "Moab" edition, SE edition, some kind of edition, that might be all black and run on Tang.

Toyota hasn't unveiled a black FJC in public yet, but when they do you I promise you, it will be black. So my advice to Max O: don't mind these guys and stick with blue.

·
Registered
294 Posts
csherrill said:
Black diamond is actually going to be a Brilliant orange color. Almost like the color of tang...

this one got me laughing.
Nice one csherrill!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
cheazhd said:
this one got me laughing.
Nice one csherrill!
Acturally I thought it was going to look black but sparkle diffierent color depending on the cut and clearity.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well, it's actually just black, but to qualify for it you have take the backside of Mary Jane from a helicopter drop off. If you make it, they'll let you get the black.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is the description on the Lexus website of the ES Black Diamond Edition. I would assume it is the same paint:

One of the most noticeable features of this vehicle is its exclusive Black Diamond exterior. In the shade, it appears to be an exquisite midnight black. However, when viewed in direct sunlight, thousands of tiny prisms in the paint burst to life and shimmer with a spectrum of colors.

http://www.lexus.com/models/es/blackdiamond_edition.html?s_ocid=20273

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
zeppelin said:
This is the description on the Lexus website of the ES Black Diamond Edition. I would assume it is the same paint:

One of the most noticeable features of this vehicle is its exclusive Black Diamond exterior. In the shade, it appears to be an exquisite midnight black. However, when viewed in direct sunlight, thousands of tiny prisms in the paint burst to life and shimmer with a spectrum of colors.

http://www.lexus.com/models/es/blackdiamond_edition.html?s_ocid=20273
Thanks Zeppelin, I thought I was buying plain and simple black. Now I have to live with the fact I am getting many prisms, complete with shimmering and bursting. I can see the manly factor ticker now.

..............[TOY-BD] MF -10................

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
granger said:
Thanks Zeppelin, I thought I was buying plain and simple black. Now I have to live with the fact I am getting many prisms, complete with shimmering and bursting. I can see the manly factor ticker now.

..............[TOY-BD] MF -10................

Well, a smaller loss then driving a Rav4!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I see your point about the mini-prisms and the explosive sparkle. Why don't they just cut the crap and say that the black is only available to consumers who carry a purse?

Sometimes... sometimes I wonder whether the paint people are actually aware of what vehicle these ridiculous paint choices are going on. I would swear they think they are painting a vw bug or something.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Hey if you guys are going to taunt Prat with orange, you get to deal with his wrath!

You asked for it. I saw it coming.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts