Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Look$ good.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
oh my god I LOVE IT. how much did that run you??
It was 1200 installed but I had them add heated seats to it so it was 1700 total.

I'm surprised you didn't have them put an EGA on the seats :rofl:
Trust me, I thought about that too. :D I even tried to find a skull (cause I love them) but a dragon's.. no luck there either.

EDIT: they also showed me my next mod.. sunroof by webasto 49" single glass.. That thing was awesome!

·
Registered
456 Posts
That looks really good. I dont mind not having the leather anymore like I had in my last car but it was easy to keep clean and it did get full of dog hair when my dog rides with me.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks really good. I dont mind not having the leather anymore like I had in my last car but it was easy to keep clean and it did get full of dog hair when my dog rides with me.
Does four kids count?! :lol: I was tired of my interior not staying clean. I've had leather in all my cars. (16-22yo doesn't really count) I just love leather, sorry to all those PITA people out there.. :D

Thanks!

Your build up was killer and this just pushes up top :D
Thanks!
Yeah, it did it for my wife too.. (but in the bad way :lol: ) oh well at least the couch is comfortable... :rofl:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Looks Great!
I am looking at getting some Katzkins leather seats as well.
My dad owns an auto upholstery and accessory business so i can get this for dealer cost and then do the install myself at his shop.
As soon as my offroad mods are done.... if that day ever comes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can you post a pic of a close-up of the emblem/design that's in the middle of the seat?

·
Registered
876 Posts
What about air-bags?

Does the Katzkin cover account for the seat mounted (side bolster) air bags, and allow them to function?

A.W.D.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
What about air-bags?

Does the Katzkin cover account for the seat mounted (side bolster) air bags, and allow them to function?

A.W.D.
Yes. While i am 99.9% sure on the FJ, all of the other Katzkins kits i have helped install on gm, dodge, etc., they have all had a little slit in the side where the airbags pop through. I am not sure if they ALL do or if it is an option to select (say if you don't have side airbags).

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Layonn is correct, yes they do (or at least mine do) take into account for side airbags. When you order them they ask you if you have them so it's an option. The armrests were optional too, but they didn't know when they ordered it so mine were custom sown. Along with my dvd headrests (which I need to pick up today). They were kind enough to put on the factory headrest too.

I have a close up of the skull but I didn't set my camera right so it was blurred. I will take one today and post it up for you.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Layonn is correct, yes they do (or at least mine do) take into account for side airbags. When you order them they ask you if you have them so it's an option. The armrests were optional too, but they didn't know when they ordered it so mine were custom sown. Along with my dvd headrests (which I need to pick up today). They were kind enough to put on the factory headrest too.

I have a close up of the skull but I didn't set my camera right so it was blurred. I will take one today and post it up for you.
Dang, DVD in the headrest. If you fold the rear seats down, put some pillows and a blanket back there it makes a sweet spot to watch a movie with a lady friend out camping (esp when you have it hooked up to the FJ stereo). I did this with my laptop, just squished it in between the front seats. Fits perfectly.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dang, DVD in the headrest. If you fold the rear seats down, put some pillows and a blanket back there it makes a sweet spot to watch a movie with a lady friend out camping (esp when you have it hooked up to the FJ stereo). I did this with my laptop, just squished it in between the front seats. Fits perfectly.
;) except I have four kids... Dvd'd play over the FJammer if both are on the same dvd if not then it plays over the headsets.

:worried: besides, the wife might get a little pissed about me taking a lady friend camping :rofl: but i can tell her you suggested it.. :shinner:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
;) except I have four kids... Dvd'd play over the FJammer if both are on the same dvd if not then it plays over the headsets.

:worried: besides, the wife might get a little pissed about me taking a lady friend camping :rofl: but i can tell her you suggested it.. :shinner:
If you think that will get you off the hook, might as well have two lady friends while you are at it. :clap::clap:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts