Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
FJ Cruiser #8 said:
hopefully all of them will have white roofs. I think it would be cool for that to be one of the FJ trademarks

I thought that was the FJ trademark----------It''s been white in the past?

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
its part of the "heritage" tie in with the FJ40; those all had the white capped roof. i think #8 is refering to the FJ Cruiser and the white roof becoming the trademark of it as well.

OFF TOPIC!
Which, incedentally is something that is kind of annoying to me about what they chose to name it. why FJ Cruiser? because they want the keep the "land cruiser" badging on the 60K+ behemoth flagship, obviously, but its not even an "FJ", really. in "true" landcruisers the "f" designates the engine type; why the current land cruiser is UZJ100 instead of FJ100. the "j" from what i have heard designates that is is made in japan, not 100% on that part. so it should be something like VZJ 90 or something like that. Doesnt quite have a ring to it, though...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Topless4runner said:
the "j" from what i have heard designates that is is made in japan, not 100% on that part.
Actually I remember reading something in a SOR catalog a couple years ago that the "J" stood for Jeep! I know that sounds crazy but something along the lines that when Toyota starting building the FJ25 for the Korean War, they were requested to build a similar vehicle to the Willies Jeep, hence the "J" in the name

now don't quote me on this yet, I am going to try to find that article tonight

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
you could definately be right, ive heard both versions myself. either way, i think they should stick with the white roof on all FJCs, it looks pimp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts