Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to make a few personalisations to my 2017 Iceberg.

1) Black-out all external silver body parts
2) Roof rack
3) Audio head unit swap to Android, 360 deg camera
4) Speaker upgrade Focal ISU 690
5) All round soundproofing. Dynamat Extreme roof, floor, doors, bonnet, front fenders, and Vibrofiltr second layer. Dynamat dynaliner for front bonnet.

Need to find a wind deflector for the roof rack as I’m getting a lot of wind noise at 90kmh above

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I should’ve asked what and where you ordered from?
I got a friend to order from this site called Taobao. Frankly not the most straight forward experience. If there’s any issue, in this case the ribbon was faulty, you have to deal with the tech support who only speak Chinese, translated by the Taobao app. So if you are not one to do your own tinkering or in my case have an installer who happened to speak Chinese it can be quite a frustrating experience.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Head unit looks awesome, and I absolutely love the fender side mirror. Where'd you get that?
Thanks! The fender side mirror came with car. I believe it’s standard on Japan import units like mine. It’s a bit of an acquired taste though on some days I feel like I want to delete it, on some other days I want to keep it :)

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That mirror might be handy when you are driving on the right side. The blackout looks good. What product did you use?
The fender mirror is useful when parking in tight spot but with 360 deg cameras now installed it’s a mere backup.

Door handles are solid abs (?) bought from a random Facebook seller on an FJ forum. The rest were spray painted black. Reason I did not paint the door handles is because it will get a lot of wear and tear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts