Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of blacking out the hood on my '10 AG FJC. Like how it looks on the TT editions. Anyone do this with Line-X though instead of vinyl wrap?

Seen a few jeeps around that have done this.

(was also going to Line-X the rocker panels and side a bit also)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Thinking of blacking out the hood on my '10 AG FJC. Like how it looks on the TT editions. Anyone do this with Line-X though instead of vinyl wrap?

Seen a few jeeps around that have done this.

(was also going to Line-X the rocker panels and side a bit also)
I feel like I've read on here someone saying that the line-xed hood holds more heat in the engine bay. Possibly also the extra weight may be too much for the hood struts. Those are the only issues I can think of, but ask Swicago, his whole rig is Line-xed.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/64463-meet-booger-my-linexd-od-tank.html

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don't get anything truck bed lining or flat black it holds on to dirt and mud and salt during the winter and it's a pain to get out I did my bumpers in it and I'm reverting it...,but it does look niceeeee

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is a new bed liner out called " Bullet Liner". from the same creator of Line X. He broke off and started Bullet Liner because of distribution rights. Anyhow, I just Bullet Lined my Black FJ's white roof and Hood. Looks awesome! Mainly did the Hood because of Hail Storms here in Oklahoma and I didn't want to worry about dents on my hood while I drive after a storm. Here is the difference of Line X and Bullet: Bullet UV blocks are mixed in with the liner. Line X, UV is an option or else it will eventually faded and become whitish. Bullet Cost: $500 out the door. It was actually on $150 for the Lining but $350 for the prep work. Line X Cost: $1500 for Lining, $750 for UV protection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts