·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's like OEM HID on luxury cars. I'm not a fan of the blue hue/tint so I got the 55w 4500k. Also, I did not install the halo since I'm not a fan of it besides on BMWs.

Now I just hope I don't blind people on the road.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
does anyone have these with the halo installed with pics? BTW they look awesome man.

·
Registered
448 Posts
does an HID HI/LO kit fit in there (running 55w DDM kit now, no projectors tho)?... now that i think about it, probably wouldnt work...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks awesome! I've actually been considering picking up some of these but haven't been able to bite the bullet because the bulb size isn't listed.. Does the housing still take an H4 bulb?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah it's like OEM HID on luxury cars. I'm not a fan of the blue hue/tint so I got the 55w 4500k. Also, I did not install the halo since I'm not a fan of it besides on BMWs.

Now I just hope I don't blind people on the road.
BMW_TT, I have the same projectors and i'm also running the DDM HID kit. What kind of bulbs are you using? Mine came with H9's and there was no hi/low option for the H9 bulb...i also didn't connect the halo's.

Let us know how that 55w kit works out for you. I'm running the 35w kit and it's good enough.

·
Registered
448 Posts
OK, so the HI/LO mechanism is built into the housing? interesting...

·
Registered
448 Posts
See, there's my issue. I have an H4 kit already installed... so I need projectors that will accept the H4 bulbs. It's not worth it for me to uninstall my kit, then re-install a new size.

I'll have to do some digging to see if there are any projector kits which accept an H4...
You dont need to remove your kit. All you need is some new H9 bulbs... (arent all bulbs plug and play with the ballasts?)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You dont need to remove your kit. All you need is some new H9 bulbs... (arent all bulbs plug and play with the ballasts?)
Yep, these are plug and play. The only problem I had installing the projector housing and HID kit was finding where to mount the ballasts. :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I thought the same thing, but here's why I am confused. After I bought my kit from DDM my buddy purchased an H11 kit for his Silverado, also from DDM. His kit was a different install then mine. This led me to believe they're all different.

Maybe I'll just shoot DDM an email and see what they say. I guess once the ballasts are installed, the bulb itself does not really matter?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is it me or am I the only one that sees an H4 option for Hi/Lo on DDM's site. If I didnt want to change housings I could just plug and play that in correct?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is it me or am I the only one that sees an H4 option for Hi/Lo on DDM's site. If I didnt want to change housings I could just plug and play that in correct?
Correct. The H4's have the hi/lo option and those are plug and play in the stock housing. This is what I have now. Most of the others (including the H9) do not, meaning they're low beam only. However, for this application the housing itself re-adjusts the light meaning you will still have high and low beam functionality...

1 - 20 of 111 Posts