Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running an experiment. After washing the FJ this weekend, I applied the tire shine, it was a 'Gunk' brand. After dojung the tires, I sprayed the product onto a wad of paper towels and wiped down the wheels as well. Looks great and the wheels are a nice shiny black again. Of course it will probably come off the next wash, but I plan to make it a routine part of my wash cycle.

:thinkerg:

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
The reason the wheels fade is that the paint used on them is CRAP. Ever notice the wheels oxidize but the caps don't? I wax the heck out of mine and it usually lasts a couple months. My second set of steelies that have my KM2s on I painted with black Rustoleum, they stay shiny without wax.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
I got to the point where i LOVE the wheel fade now.

The local hand/pressure wash has this tire wheel cleaner that works awesome. It does not leave any shine. So my tire and wheel are now the exact same flat black color. It makes the tire look huge. :rocker:

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
I like the flat black faded out styling !... :bigthumb:

U Could always have the professionally painted
black gloss, or better yet, BLACK DIAMOND !...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I got to the point where i LOVE the wheel fade now.

The local hand/pressure wash has this tire wheel cleaner that works awesome. It does not leave any shine. So my tire and wheel are now the exact same flat black color. It makes the tire look huge. :rocker:
I am with Dominic. The fade grew on me. The clowns at the car wash applied armor all to the wheels when they did the tires once. Ever since that there is a faded film on them. I said heck it looks cool. Maybe someday I will take a brush to them and clean them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts