Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to paint my spare wheel black today just to see how it looks. I'm not sure when I can get some time to paint the rest but I wanted to get some practice with the spray paint and design so here it is!

before:

After Primer:

After Paint:

End Product:

thinking about painting the lugs blue maybe? if i can find a paint that match

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
idk if yall can see the pics under the caption it was my first time, they are in order in the thumbnails

·
Registered
143 Posts
looks good. TRD wheels without paying for them. lol
Im thinking about doing this to my 16's:rocker:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks good. TRD wheels without paying for them. lol
Im thinking about doing this to my 16's:rocker:
lol thanks it cost me $47 to get all the paint (i went ahead and got enough for 5 wheels) so it saved me a few bucks :bigthumb:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would recommend it over powder coating if that is another options because if you scratch them wheeling it is easy to fix because its just paint

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks good. Personally, I would do the centercaps too, or maybe just the Toyota logo (it pops off real easily). It looks kinda unfinished IMO, but if that's the way you like it, more power to ya.:bigthumb:

One other thing, don't paint the lugs. It will just chip off when from the socket you put the wheels back on. Chrome chips and peels bad enough, I imagine paint would not hold up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea im thinking about the caps i just didnt want to do them and think it was to much black. you can always add paint

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks real good man!! I have been debating on doing this to mine as well. Although I was thinking of leaving the outer rim silver and painting the rest black. I've been wanting to photoshop that for a while to see what it would look like.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think on the how to paint your wheels thread there is a guy who did that

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
yea im thinking about the caps i just didnt want to do them and think it was to much black. you can always add paint
this might change your mind :bigthumb:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Or this in powder coated "Satin" low-sheen black and painted red Toyota emblem.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Isnt funny how we all powder coat or paint these stock 17's. Which I assume is only fill the void that we seek 17 inch TRD's that do not exist. At least that was my mindset after I searched for 17's TRD black.

Thank god for a sexy stock rim. Only similar looking rim is the KMC Rockstars and well, I live in the land of lifted trucks, metal Mulisha and tattoo's, those rims are played out. No joke I see 1 set every single day I leave the house.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
^^^haha, same here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Joe...

Absolutely crazy. I have been debating on wheels forever. This looks amazing and it is something that you can step back and say "I did this." Great job.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I did mine graphite last year:

Sorry this one has a little rock rash but you get the idea on the color

I just re-painted them bronze

I was about 50/50 on the bronze color at first but I'm liking it more each day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts