Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i understand this is most likely an easy question to answer, but advise me oh wise forum...
...has anyone blacked out the "piaa" letters on any aux lights?
what would be the longest lasting material?

- doubt a rattle can would be precise enough
- doubt a sharpie black permanent marker would last
- maybe use a paint brush

cruisin' in a black diamond with white letters would look good,

but i think the muted letters mounted in the 3 piece all pro bumper might be a cleaner look. and of course, unique

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with you in that it would look better muted than with the big white letters standing out. I think a rattle can would be overkill and taping those off would be a biotch! What about going to a local hobby shop and seeing whether they have a paint that would stick? Those places always have small brushes that you could use to put it on the lights. Just a suggestion...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

i looked around the house and found some stencil ink that i use after stringing tennis racquets. (I teach tennis and sell racquets.) A Q-tip worked great to painted the white letters black. i will update the foum to how the ink fairs against the elements.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You probably could have just sanded the white paint off with some 1000grit wet dry paper than follow up wth 1500 and 2000. Hit witha lil compound and polish then wax over it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts