·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 FJ Cruiser w/50,231mi.
Oil: Amsoil 0W-30 Full Synthetic
Filter: Amsoil Eao30
Duration: 5,200mi

Seems OK. I'll go ahead and stretch the duration out to 7000mi per Blackstone's recommendation. I'll also be switching to Amsoils' new 5W-30 premium synthetic next time around just to stay more in line with Toyota specs. Hopes this helps anyone running Amsoil juice. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Thanks for posting it. Amsoil is good oil. I know a good friend that runs Amsoil for the last 15 years and he never had a problem.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I'll also be switching to Amsoils' new 5W-30 premium synthetic next time around just to stay more in line with Toyota specs.
Looks good except Fe is somewhat higher than I would expect

I don't understand the comment you posted above. The 0W-30 is completely "in line" with Toytoa specs. Their recommendation for a 5W-30 is extremely generic and intended only to satisfy EPA requirements

The average person will never notice any difference in fuel economy running 0W-30, 5W-30, 0W-20, or even 5W-40. Am currently running Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40, same fuel economy as regular 5W-30

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I just pulled an oil sample to send out to be analized. My last sample was done with 22,500 miles on the oil. As I just returned from Moab and the Summit (3202 miles) this oil has 10,646 miles on it. I'll post up the results with my other posting so they can be seen side by side.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
I've been running Amsoil oil and Amsoil filters since 3K miles. Just recently put in an Amsoil bypass EABP90 filter and switched to Donaldson P554403 full flow filters at 20K . Will be sending in for a report @ 25K. Hope it's good news.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts