Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 FJ which I thought had all the options but I found a blank switch on the center console lower row which is prewired. Any ideas on the function?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
can you press it in? if not, it's just a factory blank. there for if you want to add another option some day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used two of the blanks for driving lights and fog lights. The third blank is attached to a wiring harness. No idea about the function.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Picture? which button is it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
you don't have the back up beeping thing ? the third on from the left on the bottom row turns my backup sensors on and off.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
you don't have the back up beeping thing ? the third on from the left on the bottom row turns my backup sensors on and off.
That's it... you're missing the backup parking assistance sensors. I bet that is the pre-wiring for that installation. My factory installed parking assist is to the right of the 400/100

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you, those wires started to the right of 400/100 before I added the fog lights. Mystery solved, I feel much better!

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
theoretically, yes.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i have the same blank switch with the wires on it and i also have the backup sensor switch so i don't think thats what it is....

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a 2010 FJ which I thought had all the options but I found a blank switch on the center console lower row which is prewired. Any ideas on the function?
I just found this too. I don't have the reverse sensors, or the subwoofer, or factory fog lights. So I figured it's one of those but I don't know which one. Anyone know?
Looks like Highwaystreets has the backup sensors and the pre-wired switch. So he ruled that one out.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
It could be for the factory wiring of the front bumper spot light option. The kit as they sell it only comes with a short wire so maybe thats it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts