Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I will be soon! We got about 8" in my area of Missouri and I'm looking forward to heading out in the next couple of hours for a little drive! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was out on the streets of Chicago last night at the height of the storm. I'm sure glad I bought my General Grabbers and steelies this fall! The FJ was handling it beautifully. There were cars and buses stuck on major thoroughfares. Lake Shore Drive has abandoned vehicles on it. I took the side streets to avoid the idiots. Snow was up to the front bumper in most spots. I have no idea what people are thinking, driving around in their camrys and minivans. I needed 4lo and locker just once, to spring myself from the deep snow in the alley in front of my garage. This morning as I was shoveling 6 ft piles of snow, some idiot rammed his Infinity AWD into a 3 ft snow drift in the alley. I told him I had a real 4x4 that could pull him out, but now he was blocking my garage.

On a side note, I found that giving the accelerator a healthy push instead of nursing it from a dead stop in 4-Hi produces better traction and better control as it allows the tires to clean the treads faster.

·
Registered
458 Posts
got drive on blizzard last night .... car handle pretty good ... only problem not sure if i drive on road on my neighbors lawn (sorry neighbors).... because i didn't see anything .... I did take pic me stuck on my own driveway when i try to get out this morning ... I will post later ...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Didn't take the FJ out into it, but I'll have to tonight for work. But my dumbass stepson, against his mother's advice, decided he absolutely HAD TO take my Tundra to the gym last night. Not too much snow here, but the temps dropped to 0 and wind chill was -20 and they announced the schools were closed today by 10PM last night because of ice.

So I wake up this morning to hear that he plowed into a light pole and took out a headlight and trashed the bumper and grill.

Oh well, guess that's what insurance is for.

·
fka H2Pimp
392 Posts
Got it pretty bad here in illinois

me and my brother were out most of the day

and in the process we helped pull out a friends escalade 3 times a lifted ford ranger once and a is300 once

all this in 2 days and the fj didn't get stuck once!! we were playing in some deep snow!

video of us pulling out the caddy in a little!:clap:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Got it pretty bad here in illinois

That's a light dusting for us.:(
I could probably hide the fj behind the snow banks here :mecry:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was very pleased with how my unlifted FJ made it through the snow here in Chicago. I have BFG AT KO's. My buddy in a 2010 Jeep said he couldnt make it out of his garage!

Aside from the 3 to 4 ft drifts, there are also huge snow plow banks blocking a lot of the side streets, where the plow has pushed all the snow to the side.

These banks are fun to drive over/through!

On a side note the city did a good job clearing the Loop, but other areas of the city are still untouched and blocked. I saw lots of dump trucks being used to move the snow out of the city today.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

View of the driveway from inside the garage + patio set almost gone under the snow... i tried to make it with a snow blower, I got a 150 ft long by 2 ft wide path in 3 hours - stupid old snow blower could not handle it, ended up calling a plow truck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm here in Oklahoma and got out the last two days and literally just had fun I tried to get stuck (and did twice) but thats neither here nor there haha. Some people are already tired of the snow, but I'm in college so I could care less we have been out of school for three days and its looking like it will be the same tomorrow. the snow plows came through my neighborhood two nights ago and pushed the snow onto the far side of our street my neighbors are all elderly so i spent yesterday morning checking on them and digging the ends of the drives about 4 feet deep so they can get in and out. took the FJ to town and in the what would be a normal 10 min ride which took about 2 hours i pulled out 2 cars (lincoln aviator and a chevy silverado) the driver of the silverado passed me while helping another person and said "if you had a real 4x4 that wouldn't have happened" whose is the real 4x4 now b****? needless to say i ended up just leaving him when i passed him about a mile down the road. no pics yet but hopefully today we will hit the road again and check it out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts