Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Good luck. I think it's crap that we have to kiss ass and act stupid when something goes out like the rear end. If you were abusing it(spinning wheels and causing the back end to hop up and down), that's another story. But if you were just out on the trail and wheeling around and it went out, I consider that WARRANTY work. This is why I wheel it like a puzzy now. :wave:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
or how bout expecting the corporate office to be open on a weekend so you can get some advice as how to tow... or hotel accomodations and what not! I've got alot to keep to myself right now... but after...there maybe a big stink. LOL

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update!

the dealership just called they have our part and they invited us to come down and watch the installation. I'll try to take pics if I seem out of the way..this maybe very useful info for being out on the trail.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Update!

the dealership just called they have our part and they invited us to come down and watch the installation. I'll try to take pics if I seem out of the way..this maybe very useful info for being out on the trail.
I assume your're going to the dealership we have meetings at? I hope they take good care of you ;)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Western Slope in GJ came through. I finally got my reimbursement checks for the tow and travel expenses, and the repair was covered under the factory powertrain warranty.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I bet you're the first fj they've claimed to see it happen on LOL. I'm glad they ultimately Gotcha taken care of, the waiting period was a bit much tho

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yes, I did a lot of obligatory ass-kissing to get what I needed done. I hope Toyota corporate appreciated the more candid feedback after-the-fact. Everyone was very nice, but a bit too cautious IMHO.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
wow that's awesome, wish I had that option, then again I've got the extended warranty so I won't change it until it's expired.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
mine just started knocking last week! pulled the third and saw about 4 teeth in a row chewed up!

East Coast Gears has a good deal for an upgrade! whole 3rd member with 4.88 for about $700, after you mail in yours for a core of course!
I just sent an inquiry into these guys to see what a front and rear re-gear with 4:88's is going to run. I'll keep y'all posted, I'm exicited. If I can send my front and rear out and have them re-geared for $1500 or less over the Winter, game on!:rocker:

·
Registered
919 Posts
loneuglyfish......previously said:
East Coast Gears has a good deal for an upgrade! whole 3rd member with 4.88 for about $700, after you mail in yours for a core of course!
slither.....previously said:
I just sent an inquiry into these guys to see what a front and rear re-gear with 4:88's is going to run. I'll keep y'all posted, I'm exicited. If I can send my front and rear out and have them re-geared for $1500 or less over the Winter, game on!
These guys do good work. A buddy of mine over on the brown room just went through them and put in 4:56's and a front ARB in his Tacoma. Just an FYI, if you know how to install the Ring and Pinion yourself it will be much cheaper the gears for the rear around $200 and a little more for the front around $260.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts