Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be ready to buy in about 30 days. I have been to one local dealer and received emails from a couple of others with in 100 miles of me. The one dealer I went to told me that the tow package (I am assuming hitch and wire harness) was a factory only install...can this be true?

Are roof racks factory installed only items too?

Why can't I find a blue Cruiser with in 100 miles of my house? Are they only available in certain parts of the world?

I would like the roof racks and I have to have the hitch and wires because this will be my tow vehicle for my pop-up.

Any help, direction, info will be appreciated.

Mark

·
Forum Detective
2,273 Posts
Both can be added after. You can also get them cheaper. Factory racks come up here for sale often for $250-300. Trdprts4u sells the tow package cheaper as well.
Where are you located? I drove by my the local dealer here and they had 3-4 blue FJ's on the lot.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you have installed any assy. in the past you should be able to do the rack and hitch. Its pretty easy to install both just take your time. Wiring for hitch is plug and play if I remember right and the bumper comes apart easy. The rack may require a second set of hands just to help guide and line up bolt holes. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts