Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw all the threads about getting the 12-fuse box, cutting the spine, and lugging the top ground post to the new half of the bus. However, while I wanted a split of always hot and ignition fuses, I wasn't going to need 12 fuses worth and preferred to keep the smaller form factor of the 6-fuse model. So I bought the 6-fuse model, modded it the same, except now I needed a way to screw/attach the new top-bus to the frame.

To do this, I found that I needed a 3/8" spacer from bottom of the black case to the top of the screw hole where the bus mounts. Where this will mount, you have to grind down a plastic mound from the injection modling process to make it flat. Once done, I found a plastic tool I never used that was 3/16" think, so I cut two T-shaped sections and epoxied them into the case. From there, I drilled a new screw hole in the top bus, built the 10gauge wire and spade with hole drilled through it, and got it all mounted up. I think it goes along with the other mods on the Blue Sea boxes, just a smaller form factor.

Now essentially, I have the top bus with 2 fuses and the lower bus with 4 fuses. Depending on how I hook them up, I can have just a couple that are always on and 4 that are on the ignition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts