Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just spent some time in my 2011 with my iphone and the owners manual. I can't put my finger on the exact way to describe someone listing to Pandora on thier Iphone via bluetooth while sitting inside their new 4WD rig.

Who cares how you describe it. Maybe I'm just getting older, i work with cool tech every day and don't get that excited about it that often, but I got a kick out of this.

My tundra had the blue tooth phone package and a aux input so i have not really gained alot of functionality, but it's just going to be damn cool to sit in the yard with the neighbors on new years eve, shoot off fireworks, and stream music to my phone from the internet via a wifi connection to my house, and then to my truck from 30 feet away.

:thinkerg:

Crazy tech for a rig i bought to get me to the woods and water.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
I have Bluetooth envy...

I can do the same thing only with very long cables. :lol:

Is the system integrated through the stereo? If so it wont be long for people to sell their stock systems for upgrades, then Ill move in for the kill....

For what its worth, my laptop has Bluetooth and I used to see how far away I could get and still use my mouse... simple things for simple minds:lol:

:cheers:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluetooth audio streaming and bluetooth audio device controle are part of the upgrade package in 2011

·
Registered
458 Posts
heh......how about open your car with Bluetooth "Magic" really easy and its gonna cost you about $60 and a little bit of wiring ....

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
bluetooth audio streaming and bluetooth audio device controle are part of the upgrade package in 2011
understood,

what does the package include is it an upgraded stereo? What we want to know is if adding Bluetooth to older trucks is as simple as swapping out the radio and running a few extra wires for the steering wheel mounted controls? I would assume the mic for the blue tooth is in the radio.

·
Registered
179 Posts
understood,

what does the package include is it an upgraded stereo? What we want to know is if adding Bluetooth to older trucks is as simple as swapping out the radio and running a few extra wires for the steering wheel mounted controls? I would assume the mic for the blue tooth is in the radio.
If I remember correctly, the mic is built into a pad in the drivers door panel along with a couple of buttons for the bluetooth system.

You'd have to do some door panel mods along with some wiring to make this work.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think i remember the manual pointing out that the mic for the BT may be integrated with the rear view mirror. I'll double check when I get home.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I have the Parrot Blue Tooth MKi9100 with car kit and integrated to the OEM navigation unit. My iPhone (and soon the iPad) is paired with the Parrot.

The Parrot has a built-in digital equalizer and audio sound to the speakers is terrific.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Would be curious how to do a retrofit for someone with an older model (2007)...to have BT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, just spent some time in my 2011 with my iphone and the owners manual. I can't put my finger on the exact way to describe someone listing to Pandora on thier Iphone via bluetooth while sitting inside their new 4WD rig.

Who cares how you describe it. Maybe I'm just getting older, i work with cool tech every day and don't get that excited about it that often, but I got a kick out of this.

My tundra had the blue tooth phone package and a aux input so i have not really gained alot of functionality, but it's just going to be damn cool to sit in the yard with the neighbors on new years eve, shoot off fireworks, and stream music to my phone from the internet via a wifi connection to my house, and then to my truck from 30 feet away.

:thinkerg:

Crazy tech for a rig i bought to get me to the woods and water.

Im trying to get my iphone 4 via Bluetooth it connect but i get it stopping then going on to iphone ringtones to download and buy.
Did you have this problem ?
If so how do you turn it off as im bluetoothless because i cant listen over and over to stupid ringtones rather than my music or radio from my iphone.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 2011 FJ also has Bluetooth, and while I expected to get the phone working pretty easily, what I did NOT expect was that my iPad, with my entire music library, works as a Bluetooth music player on the car as well.

It's really magic, methinks.

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2011 FJ also has Bluetooth, and while I expected to get the phone working pretty easily, what I did NOT expect was that my iPad, with my entire music library, works as a Bluetooth music player on the car as well.

It's really magic, methinks.

Chris
Usb wont charge though which i found out at the weekend.
Just annoying.

·
Registered
952 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts