Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love using my iphone via bluetooth to listen to music, but hate having the [email protected] scared out of me if the phone rings while I am driving. I have looked in the manual and searched here, but I still can not figure out how to use only the music player and disconnect the phone portion. Any suggestions? I have an iphone 4.

Bonehead

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
My understanding of the system is that you are allowed to connect a device via bluetooth. That device being your iPhone. Since the music and phone are contained on the same device both the music and the phone are bluetooth enabled to your radio.

I am not aware of any provision that would allow you to bluetooth the music only on a device that also has a phone.

You can adjust the volume for when the phone rings - it then locks in as a "default" volume level for the phone no matter how loud you have your music blaring the phone will always ring at the "default" level.

Perhaps somewhere in the initial set-up of your car radio there is a step to limit what portions of a device will be accessed - seems to me I remember something like that, but don't want to go thru the hassle of getting mine set-up again cause it's workin' just the way I want it.

Jerry:cheers:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My understanding of the system is that you are allowed to connect a device via bluetooth. That device being your iPhone. Since the music and phone are contained on the same device both the music and the phone are bluetooth enabled to your radio.

I am not aware of any provision that would allow you to bluetooth the music only on a device that also has a phone.

You can adjust the volume for when the phone rings - it then locks in as a "default" volume level for the phone no matter how loud you have your music blaring the phone will always ring at the "default" level.

Perhaps somewhere in the initial set-up of your car radio there is a step to limit what portions of a device will be accessed - seems to me I remember something like that, but don't want to go thru the hassle of getting mine set-up again cause it's workin' just the way I want it.

Jerry:cheers:
That is just what I was thinking. Turn down the ringer volume before listening to the radio. I too don't want to mess with the set up as the music sounds just fine, especially compared to my 1990 Toyota 4 x 4 PU, which only has a radio!

Thanks Jerry!:rocker:

Bone

·
Registered
172 Posts
I love using my iphone via bluetooth to listen to music, but hate having the [email protected] scared out of me if the phone rings while I am driving. I have looked in the manual and searched here, but I still can not figure out how to use only the music player and disconnect the phone portion. Any suggestions? I have an iphone 4.

Bonehead
X2. That ringer sure can be jarring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts