Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 2014 FJ set up to where I could use the handsfree phone using steering wheel buttons while also using bluetooth streaming for music/podcasts. When a call came in the music would pause and when the call was done the music would resume. No need to be plugged in. Flawless. I recently had to get a new phone and when trying to replicate that set up I am finding that I cant. One or the other. Same model phone, same SIM card, same FJ. When I went looking for my framing hammer to "help" I thought I ought to walk away...so here I am asking for help. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had my 2014 FJ set up to where I could use the handsfree phone using steering wheel buttons while also using bluetooth streaming for music/podcasts. When a call came in the music would pause and when the call was done the music would resume. No need to be plugged in. Flawless. I recently had to get a new phone and when trying to replicate that set up I am finding that I cant. One or the other. Same model phone, same SIM card, same FJ. When I went looking for my framing hammer to "help" I thought I ought to walk away...so here I am asking for help. Thoughts anyone?
To pair you need to do it through the voice activation system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To pair you need to do it through the voice activation system.

Thanks for the video...I had found that one and followed. What it doesnt show that when the phone is set up for Bluetooth audio it says that in order to connect handsfree the audio will be turned off. Same the other way, if the handsfree is activated and audio is attempeted, as it says to do, it says that the handsfree will be turned off to activate audio. It is frustrating and I cant remember how I did it before...I seem to recall just stumbling onto the right way after numerous dfferent attempts, and being surprised it worked.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the video...I had found that one and followed. What it doesnt show that when the phone is set up for Bluetooth audio it says that in order to connect handsfree the audio will be turned off. Same the other way, if the handsfree is activated and audio is attempeted, as it says to do, it says that the handsfree will be turned off to activate audio. It is frustrating and I cant remember how I did it before...I seem to recall just stumbling onto the right way after numerous dfferent attempts, and being surprised it worked.
I remember using the voice command "pair phone" and was prompted through everything. At some point it asks if you want to pair bluetooth for phone, music, or both. It worked quite well with a new iPhone considering the age of the head unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts