Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 with the factory radio/6cd player. Anyone found a good way to add Bluetooth hands free phone to this unit? Don't really want to change radios if I can add it to unit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd suggest finding one of those Bluetooth am/fm devices that connects to the cigarette lighter. The oem Bluetooth only outputs sound out of the driver front speaker.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well... Is it a jbl unit? I had one in mine and audio music and calls worked with all speakers. Do you have phone buttons on the right side of your steering wheel?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well... Is it a jbl unit? I had one in mine and audio music and calls worked with all speakers. Do you have phone buttons on the right side of your steering wheel?

Mine is the stock 2010 Toyota radio with built in 6 cd and I do not have phone buttons on the steering wheel, only radio controls on the left side of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah without a radio change you are sol. Unless you don't mind the static on those am fm Bluetooth dongles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For my '07 FJ I have been happy with Parrot MKi9200, also bought a wiring kit from quickconnectproducts.com. Once connected it uses the factory system even when radio is off. I enjoy listening to podcasts on a regular basis.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use a Motorola Roadster 2 Wireless In-Car Speakerphone in each of my Toyota's (FJ & RAV4)
Works well, charges thru the cig port.
BT to the phone and FM to the stereo.
Works well!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I bought this. No static for me.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I have one of these TaoTronics Bluetooth Receivers. Easy tip use, sounds great, and plugs into the 3.5mm aux jack. The charge lasts for days even while using it to play music for hours on end.

Those are pretty cool. How's the sound quality? I've used a AUX cord for years and never felt satisfied with the max volume.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Those are pretty cool. How's the sound quality? I've used a AUX cord for years and never felt satisfied with the max volume.
I used to use the aux cord too. It's not as loud as FM but it's definitely louder than the aux cord. For the price it's unbeatable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to use the aux cord too. It's not as loud as FM but it's definitely louder than the aux cord. For the price it's unbeatable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts