Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Dam man these guys are closed from March 18th - April 22nd , I was REALLY hoping to get my BMC done before we left for home so I could get 285's put on.......will leave a voice mail in hope that they can get me in right away before we leave back home for Minnesota :-(

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: Re: BMC Cheap in Sandy, UT Professional Job

Dam man these guys are closed from March 18th - April 22nd , I was REALLY hoping to get my BMC done before we left for home so I could get 285's put on.......will leave a voice mail in hope that they can get me in right away before we leave back home for Minnesota :-(
Yeah they are overlanding in Australia :) i could do the chop if you want to weld a plate on later

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
That stinks but i envy those guys going overlanding on another comtinent!

Aren't 285s usually ok with no BMC? At least for a month or so? I guess if you have spacers it's another story... :cheers:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yea I think it's livable for most 285s. You won't ruin your tires I don't think for a short time..

·
Registered
605 Posts
First off Kurt is super responsive and sounds like a GREAT guy!

Dropping off our FJ tonight so they can do a BMC tomorrow, will post pics once we get it back!

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

Dropping off our FJ tonight so they can do a BMC tomorrow, will post pics once we get it back!
Yea Kurt is all business in a good way. I'm real happy with my BMC that Kurt did a few months ago. He is the only one I would trust to work on my truck if its something I can't do myself. He also carries a full array of ARB gear and installs that for reasonable prices :rocker:

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,931 Posts
I was telling a fellow FJ buddy today who has a 6" Pro Comp lift and 35x13.50 tires that he needs to check this thread out and get his body mount chopped because he's been having some rubbing issues. Not super bad rubbing but enough that getting the bmc done will be a very good thing, especially when off-roading

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

...and on top of that he just got back from a trip across the Australian outback and is jumping right back into things.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kurt and his crew at CO is top notch, I wouldn't hesitate having them do any work on my FJ. He's done lots of builds on FJ's. I've been to his shop many times and he is always busy, but if he has the time he will get the work done and not cut any corners.(pun intended) :)
Anyone know of any good alternatives to Cruiser Outfitters in the Salt Lake-area for a BMC? I have no doubt they do excellent work and would love to get my FJ into them, but I've had an e-mail chain going with an associate there for over three weeks just trying to get an appointment, which goes something like, "I'd like to schedule an appointment for a BMC on my FJC…" Response of, "We're about two weeks out and it'll be $195 - is that okay?"… I respond, "Sure, can I please schedule the appointment?" and they don't respond. I follow up a week later and get the same thing, "We're about two weeks out and it'll be $195 - is that okay?" The e-mail cycle has repeated three times over three weeks and I'm no closer to an appointment and unfortunately, my Duratrac 285/70s are rubbing pretty bad, so I really need to get this taken care of. Again, I'd love to take my FJ there and am sure Kurt's work is outstanding, I think they must just be overloaded with work and can't get me in. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Anyone know of any good alternatives to Cruiser Outfitters in the Salt Lake-area for a BMC? I have no doubt they do excellent work and would love to get my FJ into them, but I've had an e-mail chain going with an associate there for over three weeks just trying to get an appointment, which goes something like, "I'd like to schedule an appointment for a BMC on my FJC…" Response of, "We're about two weeks out and it'll be $195 - is that okay?"… I respond, "Sure, can I please schedule the appointment?" and they don't respond. I follow up a week later and get the same thing, "We're about two weeks out and it'll be $195 - is that okay?" The e-mail cycle has repeated three times over three weeks and I'm no closer to an appointment and unfortunately, my Duratrac 285/70s are rubbing pretty bad, so I really need to get this taken care of. Again, I'd love to take my FJ there and am sure Kurt's work is outstanding, I think they must just be overloaded with work and can't get me in. Thanks in advance.

I think Kurt is extremely busy like you guess. I got a sense of that when he did my BMC. I got lucky on a random Wednesday though. I think he owns or works heavily with Landcruisersdirect.com too importing diesel Landcruisers and selling them stateside.

I'm not sure I know, or can recommend anyone else. I know a lot of places I don't recommend;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think Kurt is extremely busy like you guess. I got a sense of that when he did my BMC. I got lucky on a random Wednesday though. I think he owns or works heavily with Landcruisersdirect.com too importing diesel Landcruisers and selling them stateside.

I'm not sure I know, or can recommend anyone else. I know a lot of places I don't recommend;)
If I hear of any other options, I'll run them by you first to make sure they're not on your 'do not recommend' list. :smile

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Have you tried calling them instead of doing the email route? 801-563-1277 You will either be talking to Kurt or his shop manager Bryce. If you leave a message they will usually get back to you fairly quick.

I haven't done the BMC and I've got the same size/brand of tire with hardly any rubbing issues at all. Do you have a lift?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Call later in the afternoon. It can be frustrating to get an appointment but they do top quality work and it is worth it.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts