Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

BMC Cheap in Sandy, UT Professional Job

9K views 66 replies 17 participants last post by  Heliguide 
#1 ·
Hey Utah brothers! Per a post from another Utah member, I contacted the shop he referenced here locally and found out its a reasonable $150 for a BMC, including finish welding and painting. The owner of cruiser outfitters has a laundry list of offroad credentials and they seem real professional:

"We charge $150 for the mount chop, that includes a clean cut, boxes and welded and then painted before re-installing the mud flap. Its a clean conversion and we need your vehicle for just a single day. Please give us a call if you would like to set up an appointment. Thanks!

-Kurt

--
Cruiser Outfitters
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com
(801) 518-3937"

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#43 ·
That stinks but i envy those guys going overlanding on another comtinent!

Aren't 285s usually ok with no BMC? At least for a month or so? I guess if you have spacers it's another story... :cheers:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#45 ·
Yea I think it's livable for most 285s. You won't ruin your tires I don't think for a short time..

#53 ·
Yea Kurt is all business in a good way. I'm real happy with my BMC that Kurt did a few months ago. He is the only one I would trust to work on my truck if its something I can't do myself. He also carries a full array of ARB gear and installs that for reasonable prices :rocker:

#54 ·
I was telling a fellow FJ buddy today who has a 6" Pro Comp lift and 35x13.50 tires that he needs to check this thread out and get his body mount chopped because he's been having some rubbing issues. Not super bad rubbing but enough that getting the bmc done will be a very good thing, especially when off-roading

#59 ·
Have you tried calling them instead of doing the email route? 801-563-1277 You will either be talking to Kurt or his shop manager Bryce. If you leave a message they will usually get back to you fairly quick.

I haven't done the BMC and I've got the same size/brand of tire with hardly any rubbing issues at all. Do you have a lift?

#61 ·
My wife bought my Snorkel from them back in June - whoever she dealt with was top notch. Gave her the pros and cons of the Safari vs alternatives, recommended which to go with, and got her taken care of. I didn't know they did BMC or other work. I will definitely go through them for my lift.

Maybe talk in a woman's voice and you'll get a faster resonse. :wink

#62 ·
Just got off the phone with Kurt - super friendly guy! They're swamped with some big upcoming event, but he said he'd get back to me with an earliest service date. Crossing my fingers that it'll be soon - starting to see rub marks on the outer ends of the treads. If I can't get in soon, I may just remove the mudguards and hope that the rubbing isn't so bad that the tires actually hit the body mounts - I imagine that'd be much worse on the tires.

#63 ·
Kurt was able to get me in and his crew did a great job - top quality work. I'll post pictures if any wants/asks. If anyone in the SLC-area is looking to put larger tires on and plans to get a BMC instead of a lift, 1) I'd highly recommend Kurt/Cruiser Outfitters for the BMC; and 2) I'd suggest scheduling the BMC appointment before putting the tires on - these guys are very busy and it can take a while to get an appointment (although I think much of that may be seasonal). All worth it in the end.

#64 ·
Hey guys... just so everyone knows price for the BMC has gone up to $195.00 ,still a pretty good deal ,making appt on monday

#65 ·
Hey guys ...Just so everyone knows the price for the BMC has gone up to $195.00...still a pretty good deal, making an appt on Monday

#66 ·
Do they do body mount relocation??

#67 ·
dont know about the relocation you can give them a call, but after many many attempts to get an appt. with them , i finally gave up and am going to have Fat Bobs Garage in Ogden do my bmc, Im sure that cruiser outfitters do a great job , but i just cant get in there to get it done Fat Bobs was able to get me right in.... so im heading up to Ogden tomorrow

Reactions: Heinie_21
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.