Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for Christmas we drove up to St Louis to visit her family. The (step)father-in-law is a contractor, welder, mechanic, do whatever it is you need done type guy. So since I needed my body mounts chopped I asked if we could do it. He agreed, and he said he'd learn me a thing or two about welding. He is very much a learn to fly, or hit the ground type guy, I was "excited" about this. Anyways. BMC is done, cut and welded. But as to my woes, let me just share this, if you take an angle grinder, and slip off of what you're grinding and hit the back of your hand with the edge of the griding wheel, wow. Let me tell you, you're in for a treat :bigthumb: . Cut/ground/burnt (whatever would be correct) a nice inch long quarter inch wide chasm in the back of my hand. Forgot to put my gloves back on. He just smiled and said, thats why you always check your safety equipment before you get started again. But hey, it's done and was kinda free. Only cost me some sweat, skin, and a little blood.

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
I'm sure that will leave a nice reminder for you lol. Hey, on the bright side, it could have been WAY worse!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Doubt!!! After it happened Jim, the father-in-law, told me about how roughly 2 months ago he was grinding some welds, and the grinder walked right off the metal... I guess sprint, would be a better word to used. Anyways, it shot straight at his stomach. He jumped back, and within the blink of an eye, the grinder was laying on the ground. He was ok, and then he looked at the damage, it tore through his coveralls, and shirt from one side of his gut to the other, and somehow managed to not touch his skin at all. He said he had to drink a beer and call it a day on that one.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
LMAO>>> I was raised "its not done right unless you bleed":rofl: I wish I had a dollar for ever cut, scrape, busted knuckle, ANd to Include Crushed hand, Ive had over the Years.. I could Buy a nascar team!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Angle grinders can be frisky and they bite hard. I took the skin off to the bone on my toe, though it was my own fault for wearing flippy floppies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts