Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know where/who I can take my truck for the BMC? I am in the IE. Prefer someone local to me. I know of Demello, but I assume their pricey going by the prices of their products.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wanted to revive this. Any shops out in the IE or in the socal area that will do it for a reasonable price? Im in Loma Linda.

Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'd probably save a lot of money by doing it yourself. I called around and most shops were charging 250-300. Rip off! It takes less than 30 minutes to get this done and most shops that I know charge an hourly rate of around $75. They probably pulled $250-300 from out their asses. Anyways, I went to Harbor Freight, bought a 4" angle grinder and a pack of cutoff wheels for $20. Took me less than $30 minutes to do both sides. Then used the disk to smooth out the edges. Took a can of rattle can and sealed it off. Trust me do it yourself.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would recommend cutting yourself as described above. The hardest part is just starting. Then you can cycle your suspension to be sure you cut enough off for your lift & tire package. With your new cutting tools you can easily cut a piece to cap off this area, bring them to a local welder.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cut it yourself and then take it to a shop and have them weld on a plate. Honestly, I thought about welding on a plate to. Even went as far as buying a set off of metaltech 4x4, but after I did the BMC and painted it and put the wheels back on. I don't ever notice it so now don't care about it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Cut it yourself and then take it to a shop and have them weld on a plate. Honestly, I thought about welding on a plate to. Even went as far as buying a set off of metaltech 4x4, but after I did the BMC and painted it and put the wheels back on. I don't ever notice it so now don't care about it.

the nice thing about leaving it open is it is much easier to clean the mud and/or dirt out after a trip.. just a thought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts