Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, people wanted to know so here it is...I work at the Toyota store in Flagstaff. Our price will be MSRP and we have the system set up on a "first come" basis. However, it will hurt our allocation if we don't move these things quickly, the faster we turn them the more we earn. What I will do for all those that live a good distance from here is this...I will post a thread anytime we get one that isn't spoken for as soon as it hits the ground. Like I said we don't really have a list. I have spoken for the first one but if it comes Black...well, I will post it. (the black looks stupid IMO)

Anyway, if you wanna talk to me I'm easy to contact. Call me.

danny

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I just found a dealer in Mass. that has no list yet, and if I put down a deposit tomorrow, I get right to first refusal and also the right to first test drive. I emailed him and requested unconditional refund, no dealer add ons, and no more than MSRP. He agreed. This will be my second deposit under the same conditions. I'm sort of psyched. Can anyone see any problems with having more than one deposit under these conditions???

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
other1 said:
I just found a dealer in Mass. that has no list yet, and if I put down a deposit tomorrow, I get right to first refusal and also the right to first test drive. I emailed him and requested unconditional refund, no dealer add ons, and no more than MSRP. He agreed. This will be my second deposit under the same conditions. I'm sort of psyched. Can anyone see any problems with having more than one deposit under these conditions???
Well, a little dirty on your part but, alot of dealers are dirty too so if you want to justify...

We rarely take deposits here because of people like you...A deposit doesn't mean jack...so why waste the time? Legally you're fine and the dealer may give you a little friction when you try to get your $ back but he CANT keep it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Why is it dirty of me?? I just want to increase my chances of getting a FJC. It certainly isn't a level playing field. The dealer has my $$$ and also he has the FJ. I can't be hovering around his business monitoring what comes and goes from his lot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Toyotaman said:
Well, a little dirty on your part but, alot of dealers are dirty too so if you want to justify...

We rarely take deposits here because of people like you...A deposit doesn't mean jack...so why waste the time? Legally you're fine and the dealer may give you a little friction when you try to get your $ back but he CANT keep it.
you gotta be joking me....that is NOT dirty of him.

even if somehow you wanted to say it was,

percentage of "dirty" car salespeople WAYYYY outnumber any consumer "dirtiness"

if the dealer agrees to return a deposit and is legally bound to do so what's the problem? Apparently you didn't see the other thread where air (another member) already had a deposit down in paper for MSRP and then the dealer changed their minds and decided to do a bidding war. (Jim Coleman Toyota). now THAT is dirty.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Fjs at MSRP

I just put down a $500 deposit at a Dealer in Calif. who assured me that they only sell at MSRP (I know, it would be my 3rd Toyota from them). It's 100% refundable, no questions asked. I also was informed that Toyota dealers get the FJ in January to familiarize themselves with the vehicle and prep themselves for its sale in March. So there!:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts