Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a local shop for a body mount chop?
I've searched through threads on here but it looks like a few of the places people recommended have gone out of biz so I thought I'd get the latest info. I want a shop that has done this before... don't want to tell them what I want done and have them say "huh, do what"?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Slee Offroad will do it and has done many. I was in there yesterday and he said the hourly rate is $85 and it would take 2-3 hours. I have seen their work and it looks factory when they are done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might try Slee.
RadoRoo: Did Slee also install your Toytecs? I thought about having them do the mount chop and the toytecs all at once.

·
Registered
499 Posts
No I did the install myself in Memphis before I moved out here.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
As was recommended when I asked the same quite a while back, I used Lance at Boulder Euro Sport Tuning.

[email protected]

Can't say whether he does better or worse work than others, but what he did for mine was/is extremely high quality, looks great and did what I needed it to.

Besides that, the tour of his shop, seeing all of the crazy projects he's built was entertaining as well.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
If all you need done is the 'chop' part (stupid thing to say, I know), then I'd hook you up with Paul (a machinist in Boulder). He did the 'chop' portion of mine for very cheap, and I couldn't be happier (LINK).

However, my father-in-law (Wisconsin) did the 'healing' welding work when they were here for Thanksgiving one year. So, I can't help with that part.

Slee Offroad will do it and has done many. I was in there yesterday and he said the hourly rate is $85 and it would take 2-3 hours. I have seen their work and it looks factory when they are done.
oops....nevermind....I missed the 'hourly rate' and the '2-3 hours' part...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lance does most of my FJ work. Was just out there yesterday to check on replacing some suspension parts. Pulled up and there sits a $200,000 Mercedes up on the lift, Beautiful undercarriage if i do say so.

I trust Lance's work, He stands behind it

As was recommended when I asked the same quite a while back, I used Lance at Boulder Euro Sport Tuning.

[email protected]

Can't say whether he does better or worse work than others, but what he did for mine was/is extremely high quality, looks great and did what I needed it to.

Besides that, the tour of his shop, seeing all of the crazy projects he's built was entertaining as well.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Lance does most of my FJ work. Was just out there yesterday to check on replacing some suspension parts. Pulled up and there sits a $200,000 Mercedes up on the lift, Beautiful undercarriage if i do say so.

I trust Lance's work, He stands behind it
Lance is one crazy cat :rocker: tell him I say hi ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
in multiple ways actually. he bought my sister's boyfriends chopped jeep (xj) and used it for the videa game system he was working with. I also met him through a friend of mine who owns an fj that happened to know the hubby for quite some time. we also considered buying a huge orange ford from him but didn't ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I remember that truck. Interesting that all the crazy people i know, so do you. Actually Blackbeards not crazy, he just needs lots of hugs

in multiple ways actually. he bought my sister's boyfriends chopped jeep (xj) and used it for the videa game system he was working with. I also met him through a friend of mine who owns an fj that happened to know the hubby for quite some time. we also considered buying a huge orange ford from him but didn't ;)

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
yeah I know a lot of people... I'z gotz connectionz... ;)

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I guess I'm not only the Intergalactic Planetary Invader of FJ Interwebz but also the Intergalactic Planetary Invader of the Colorado freakz :rofl::rofl:

Blackbeard is a big bear... best uncle to my kiddos too ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info everyone. Might have to shoot Lance an email. Does he have his own shop?

On a sidenote... any of you ever do any business with "4Wheel Parts" here in Denver? Thought about checking them out.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
DO NOT... unfortunately they're not the shop to do custom stuff. Tires, no problem... wiper blades, no problem... anything that needs more than a screw driver.. DON'T DO IT! Prices always sound good, until they have you completely torn down, then it's $100 for this $200 for that.. fawk if only I never went there.. and a lot of people will say the same

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
DO NOT... unfortunately they're not the shop to do custom stuff. Tires, no problem... wiper blades, no problem... anything that needs more than a screw driver.. DON'T DO IT! Prices always sound good, until they have you completely torn down, then it's $100 for this $200 for that.. fawk if only I never went there.. and a lot of people will say the same
x10

Everyone who has ended up going to 4WP at one point in time almost always vows to never return (typically with much more colorful words injected).

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Yeah I had them do my dual battery set up and onboard air compressor... what a floppin disaster!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the info everyone. Might have to shoot Lance an email. Does he have his own shop?

On a sidenote... any of you ever do any business with "4Wheel Parts" here in Denver? Thought about checking them out.
Lance use to have a shop in Boulder. He got rid of that. He does the work out of his shop in Erie. The shop in Erie is where he has all the cool stuff. Has a really cool lifted 4wd El Camino there that he uses. Take a look around when you go out there. And say hi to the cuddly gaurd dogs.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts

Just a personal opinion, but 4wheel Parts is staffed with a bunch of morons...

I'll put in another recommendation for Slee, mine was the first FJ body mount chop they did. I've gone back for other work and have always been very pleased.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts