Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a bmc done on my FJ and don't have the tools or skill to weld. Can any one recommend anyone or any place that can do the work in Virginia Beach or surrounding areas? I tried searching the forum with no success.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I did mine with an angle grinder in the driveway. I read a lot of post where guys just painted them over without welding so I just left mine open. I've had no troubles since I chopped them over 2yrs ago and I did an aggressive chop..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Starr Motors in Suffolk, though a Dodge and Jeep dealer, does a substantial amount of custom offroad work on a variety of vehicles. I'm sure they could take care of you. If you're on Facebook, you can ask for recommendations in https://www.facebook.com/groups/tidewatertradingpost/

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for their suggestion. In case anyone else is looking to get a bmc done in the area, I was able to get another recommendation...Pungo Off-Road here in Virginia Beach. They quoted me $110 for the chop and weld. Not bad considering two the places I called had quoted $400+ (!). Haven't seen any of their work yet, but know that they have been around for a while.

Will update if/when I get it done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for their suggestion. In case anyone else is looking to get a bmc done in the area, I was able to get another recommendation...Pungo Off-Road here in Virginia Beach. They quoted me $110 for the chop and weld. Not bad considering two the places I called had quoted $400+ (!). Haven't seen any of their work yet, but know that they have been around for a while. Will update if/when I get it done.
Those guys do a ton of big inch lifts and I would have no qualms about their level of experience in dealing with something as basic as a BMC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any update? I'm also looking for a reputable place to have mine done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts