Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Any recommendations on a shop to do one in the Bay area? Any pics of their work?Thanks
Don't know anyone in NorCal who can do it, but DeMello Offroad in SoCal did the body chop for me when they installed my Icon Stage 2 kit and lift and they did a GREAT job!!! Can't even tell there was a modification done -- looks like stock.

I've seen some really sloppy chop jobs and you want to make sure that whoever does it knows that they're doing. FWIW, I've had all of the major work done on my FJ -- sunroof, auxillary gas tank, dual battery and suspension -- in SoCal where all of the "gearheads" seem to be located.

I can take and send you pics of it or can meet you so that you can take a look for yourself, IF you can't find anyone in NorCal you trust to do it "right." :wave:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yo Lance! bring it down to BozTec, John and I have done more than a few Body Mount Chops,

Marty how you doing?

·
Premium Member
732 Posts

·
fka sjcfjc
138 Posts
Lance, are you going with 35's
I heard he was going with 42's, with a 9 inch lift and custom chrome MetalTech bumpers. That chrome should look great with that sandstorm color.

:lol::lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just 285s or 295s at some point but depending on the tire some say rub some say don't. Figure I should just get the chop out of the way (when the time comes) to make sure.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If your still looking for a body mount chop I know a Man in Sac. that can handle the job and then some . . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts