Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
show me some pics of a mount chop please.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Here is another with before and after:

Before

After

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
show me some pics of a mount chop please.
Yes, please show them all. I am trying to explain what I want to get done and pics would help out a lot. (The guy can cut and weld, great...he just can't walk and chew gum at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Plus I have a question, if I might...Does the rubber mount get removed for the chop, or di you cut and weld around it??????
Jax':wave:

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Yes, please show them all. I am trying to explain what I want to get done and pics would help out a lot. (The guy can cut and weld, great...he just can't walk and chew gum at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Plus I have a question, if I might...Does the rubber mount get removed for the chop, or di you cut and weld around it??????
They should remove it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I paid $79.00 at a local auto repair shop .

Whom ever you get to do your chop should remove the rubber bushing inside the mount , and cover the one between the mount and the body with a wet rag or heat shielding material .

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Great deal...$79!!!

My Chop had to be re-scheduled for Monday, will post up pics.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Body Mount Chop Complete. I am happy with it. Got it done by Reuben at Eastern Offroad. It could have been a little shorter but I have plenty of clearance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Looks good... may have them clean mine up some day.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
That's a good looking job steve !
Thanks, I actually fabbed the curved piece of metal you see out of very thick steel tubing, took it in and Rueben, cut away at the mount and then welded my piece into place.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
cool, you tube video...............thanks, I needed that!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts