Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like it a lot better if they would make the front body mounts smaller so that we would not have to get a body mount chop. It would also make it a lot easier to fit tires 33" and bigger without rubbing.:clap: Takes the time and hassle of having to take your FJ to a shop to get it cut and put back together.:D

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
I'll second that. Just one more reminder that Toyota is far from perfect. It's like some designer was working on the frame and it was getting late in the day. He wanted to get outta the office and play golf so he said, "Eh, that's close enough. Put 'er into production."

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I second this. Use FJ specific body mounts instead of stealing the welded on part from another platform.

That was just a dumb engineering mistake. You did such a bang up job on the rest of the truck, this little detail could be the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
They modded the other platforms frame with more cross supports , I dont under why they couldnt change the mounts. Yea the engineers missed that one.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The body mounts for the FJ are oversized for the truck, and I believe the mounts are from something like a Highlander. Engineering flaw!:flame:

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
But its very cool to say " I did my own body mount chop" cuz only FJ'n Foooos like us know what it means... my own personal silver lining only took 2.5 hours for both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts