Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little while back my wifes motor blew on her truck. So we sold it and have been searching for a new truck. In the meantime she has been driving the FJ. Since she has been driving it, she has picked up several door dings in the parking lot at her work. I used this as an excuse to add some sliders.

So last night a friend of mine and I installed the sliders. Everything was all good until she took the FJ to work today. She came out to the car on her break to find that someone keyed the entire drivers side. Front door to rear fender. And it got keyed good. I imagine the entire drivers side will need to be repainted.

So I am looking for some suggestions of good body shops in the Portland Oregon area to take the FJ to. It has been so long since I have had to deal with a body shop, I really don't know where to go.

Any ideas would help.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had good work done at Kadel's in Beaverton...also heard good things about Precision auto body in Beaverton.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rizzo Sharp -

I'm up in Seattle, so I'm afraid that I won't be of much help, but I wanted to write to (1) ask what kind of sliders you had installed and (2) say that keying your rig was a total jerk move by somebody.

- L.T. (goltgo)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
L.T.

I installed a set of Body Armor sliders. They are quite solid and I like the amount they stick out. Not too far, but just enough to work as a step and to help with some door dings. My primary reason for getting them was for our offroad expeditons, but the above items I listed are just a bonus. They are also not terribly expensive, which was good for me as money is tight these days......

Riz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts