Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To see video follow me @530motorsports on Instagram or Facebook

After building buggies for the last 10 years it's finally time for me to build a family rig. I've never built a Toyota anything so this should be fun! I'm gathering parts now while building the motor.

[URL=https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=boostedfj]#boostedfj [/URL] #530Motorsports

Specs
Full build done at 530Motorsports #boostedfj
2007 FJ
Streched to 125”
URD STG 3 Supercharged
435whp @ 17psi 110oct
880cc injectors
Walbro 255lph
-8 braided fuel lines
Doug Throley headers
Doug Thorley race pipes
3" custom single exhaust
Built Auto Trans
NWF titan crawl box 2.72
Trail Worthy Fab Hero case 4.33
06 Super Duty axles
ARB / Spool
5.38's
RCV axles
High Angle drivelines
Howe full hydro
Wilwood dual masters
Wilwood pedal assembly
Wilwood 14” 6piston
Wilwood 13” 4piston
2.5" x 16" fox coilovers
2.0 Fox bump stops
3 link front 4 link rear
2.5" 530Motorsports aluminum links
49" iroks
20"x14" Stazworks double beadlocks
Treo comp sound system
2 TV's with back up camera
Dual XS Power 7500D
Jazz 22 gal cell
4 walbro pickups
Resz fab bumper
Smittybilt XRC 10k
Custom rear swing with Yeti 105

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today the super charger started to go in :blueblob:

Once I'm finished with the install the FJ will go to Boosted Tuning for a Dyno run. First impression of the URD kit is impressive to say the least. Great looking kit no doubt.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Exhaust was actually first to show up so I installed it yesterday evening. I opted to go with Doug Thorly ( x pipe missing in pic).

I'm hoping it sounds as good as it looks :grin

Attachments

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,876 Posts
Wasting no time I see! Can't wait to see what this becomes! So just to be clear, this will have solid axles front and rear right??

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slow progress today......

The cam gears are kind of a pain especially if you try to clean every inch of the motor in the process. Just a tip for anyone doing the cam gears, they are extremely hard to break loose :flame:

Mock up on the charger went smooth enough, but unfortunately the belt hits the power steering pressure line in the worst way. Here are a few pictures I snapped along the way

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wasting no time I see! Can't wait to see what this becomes! So just to be clear, this will have solid axles front and rear right??
Yes sir! I have super duty axles (Dana 60 front & Sterling rear) ready to go. I'll be doing 5.38 gears with an ARB in front and a spool in the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Making progress

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice

Appears you will be building your frame mounts and control arms?
I plan to use ruffstuffs mounts with my own 4 link design front and rear. The links will be 2.5" .500 wall DOM lowers and 1.5" .250 wall with heims at all ends.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very cool. Can`t wait to see the final version. How much of a lift will it have when its done?
I'm not sure, I would like to keep it as low as possible. With that being said I will be using 16" king coilovers so I'll do the best I can >:D

1 - 20 of 388 Posts